Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:04:56 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: the australia zone  (Read 64714 times)

FinchChunk

• Paid
the australia zone #135
I saw a quote from him somewhere that he'd rather be a loser than a quitter. Just, he was always such a fucking loser, we didn't need this to confirm it Tony.

Betoota has been on good form at least.
Salubrious Rex

Garthantash

• Paid
the australia zone #136
I am still recovering from the election result. I wish we could have booted Pyne out rather than let The Fixer slink away.
GirlKisser420

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
the australia zone #138
After years of trying to find a way to watch it and finding nothing at all, I'm now downloading 303 episodes of Spicks and Specks. This might be the best thing that's happened to me all year.

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
the australia zone #139
After years of trying to find a way to watch it and finding nothing at all, I'm now downloading 303 episodes of Spicks and Specks. This might be the best thing that's happened to me all year.
Salubrious Rex, December 01, 2020, 05:36:49 am
Good work on achieving your goal though I'm not sure it's Wil Anderson's best work.

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
the australia zone #140
The latest discovery on my attempts to find 00's Australian shows that nobody cares about anymore is this youtube channel that seems to have all of The Chaser's shows if anybody is interested in some outdated and probably insensitive poor taste satire. It also has The Checkout, which I think is just Craig Reucassel and Julian Morrow and not actually The Chaser, but I recall being decent and informative.

I grew up watching The Chaser's War on Everything, I had the first 2 seasons on DVD and wore them out, last I tried they were unwatchable from the years of use and handling. I'm also curious about CNNNN, I have vague memories of watching it as a child but all that I remember clearly is Fungries.

I don't know how well any of it has aged but that at least will be a fresh fount of nostalgia to distract me when I'm bored some time, assuming everything hasn't been wiped when the ABC finds out about it.
GirlKisser420
« Last Edit: February 21, 2021, 06:23:22 am by Salubrious Rex »

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
the australia zone #141
CNNNN is probably gonna hold up stronger, the 24 hour news format holds up better and this country has not evolved in the slightest since then

FinchChunk

• Paid
the australia zone #142
How are y'all going? I'm in Qld where we're sort of blissfully unaware of proper long term lockdowns but looking at the news today and the way people on Australian coronavirus Reddit are talking (not a great source of sanity I know)  I worry for my fellow country people.

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
the australia zone #143
How are y'all going? I'm in Qld where we're sort of blissfully unaware of proper long term lockdowns but looking at the news today and the way people on Australian coronavirus Reddit are talking (not a great source of sanity I know)  I worry for my fellow country people.
FinchChunk, September 18, 2021, 09:59:55 pm
I'm in NSW, my region was previously part of the Greater Sydney area but was recently changed to regional because that was confusing people. Unfortunately that's only emboldened people to ignore restrictions and carry on as usual.

My boss tested positive last week so I'm in isolation as a close contact for at least another 3 days depending on the result of my 12-day test today.

GirlKisser420

• Paid
the australia zone #144
I'm in Melbourne. This lockdown's going pretty much the same as the last one for me, though I'm doing essential services work so I'm in a really solid position. Most people seem pretty relaxed, but its real bad if you aren't in a good spot like everyone who's lost work. The lack of income support is real bad, Jobkeeper and Jobseeker made a huge difference, but unfortunately the liberal party's committed to not doing that again for ideological reasons. I honestly wouldn't say I'm doing great, but I'm trucking along as well as you can. The main problems are lack of going out for dinner after work, a bad habit I thoroughly enjoyed, and how it impacts dating.

I'm mostly concerned about Sydney since that's got a bigger outbreak with more relaxed rules. Plus there's a lot more ignoring restrictions apparently.

Salubrious Rex

• Paid
the australia zone #145
I'm mostly concerned about Sydney since that's got a bigger outbreak with more relaxed rules. Plus there's a lot more ignoring restrictions apparently.
GirlKisser420, September 19, 2021, 04:33:16 am

NSW state government's pretty much given up on doing anything more at this point as well. They're sticking to the limp restrictions they've already got until 70% vaccination and then I think just opening everything up again. They've just announced an easing of restrictions in Sydney's high risk LGAs the same day as the highest number of COVID deaths in a day for the state. Hoping their transition out of lockdown goes smoothly but my expectations are so god damn low at this point.

Blandest

• Paid
  • Help! Cannot see! Can only smell!
the australia zone #146
I moved from the Gold Coast in 2016 to England right before Brexit happened and then Boris got in and now I'm in one of the worst countries in terms of the covid outbreak. My family on the coast and my sister in Melbourne can't come and see my new-born son so that's good. I hope Queensland stays reasonably untouched because lockdowns are shit.

FinchChunk

• Paid
the australia zone #147
I moved from the Gold Coast in 2016 to England right before Brexit happened and then Boris got in and now I'm in one of the worst countries in terms of the covid outbreak. My family on the coast and my sister in Melbourne can't come and see my new-born son so that's good. I hope Queensland stays reasonably untouched because lockdowns are shit.
Blandest, September 20, 2021, 02:06:04 pm

That's rough. I have some friends in healthcare in England and I get the feeling there is a real split between general life being almost back to normal and the hospitals still being overrun, what's your experience like?
Regarding GC Northern NSW is slowly getting cases so who knows, presumably it has to come sooner or later.  My impression is there is a fair amount of anti lockdown sentiment on the Goldy, partly because they are most impacted by border restrictions, which is understandable, but unfortunate.

The main problems are lack of going out for dinner after work, a bad habit I thoroughly enjoyed, and how it impacts dating.
GirlKisser420, September 19, 2021, 04:33:16 am

That does sound like a drag. It's a bad habit I've shared.

GirlKisser420

• Paid
the australia zone #148
That does sound like a drag. It's a bad habit I've shared.
FinchChunk, September 21, 2021, 06:25:14 am

once I can go out I'm basically going to do a pub crawl but for udon
RoeCocoa

FinchChunk

• Paid
the australia zone #149
That actually sounds amazing