Snakes In The Ball Pit > Yay, I get to talk about me!

So How About That Superbowl?!?!

<< < (3/7) > >>

Notm:
It's basically like rugby, except whenever the ball hits the ground or somebody gets knocked over, everybody takes a break. Acierocolotl the Canada, February 03, 2013, 05:38:36 pm
--- End quote ---

In Australia, we also have the AFL which is basically: how much can you kick the ball and how far can it go
NRL: How much are you willing to pay money for the best players to nearly be knocked over before you have to pass the ball
and of course rugby (ARU).
ARU: How many Australians does it take to win a rugby game? 5 sponsers and some airplanes.

Bunnybread:

American football to me just pretty much comes down to "Some men stand grouched facing each other, until somebody blows a whistle, which is when everyone starts fighting".
montrith, February 03, 2013, 04:36:11 pm
--- End quote ---
Naw, baby, that's hockey.  We  like to induce concussions within the normal gameplay.

Horza:
Meh, this Aussie doesn't mind NFL.

The Superbowl is crazy though, with the cheerleaders and colour guards and crossing to the troops at Camp Freedom, Afpakistan and the African-American lady octave-juggling the Star Spangled Banner and what was that guy doing with the archery poses?

Also weirded out by all the people on the sidelines. Are they all referees and stewards? Do you need that many people? Kinda distracting for the players no?

Tophat:
The only sports I care for are football and formula one, and by football I mean what-ho cup of tea top of the mornin' to ya football. I've never understood handegg either, all I know is that they like to shout seemingly random numbers and run into each other as much as possible. What even IS the Superbowl? Do they get to eat their cheerios the next day in some kind of gold encrusted food holding device?

...Oh and I like professional wrestling too but LOLthat'snotasportit'sallfakeetcetc.

Bunnybread:
Ok, got back to a computer for a few seconds.  Let's see how well I can type when drunk and rushed.  Uhhh.... NotM-I used to like the Aussie Football when I was in Perth a while back.  The shorts were a bit too revealing (I like to stay in denial about my homosexuality) but the hitting and speed of the game was pretty good. 
Acier, you and I will take in a CFL game some day and we will get so trashed you will not remember the game, just like a normal football experience.
Horza, we need all those sideline people because all the other jobs have been outsourced by big business in America.  Also, do you guys still call it 'Grid Iron' football?
Tophat, the superbowl is a normal bowl by day but it puts on a mask and a cape at night and keeps America safe from crime. 

NOW, additional Sub-poll time.
Halftime Show Thoughts:
1)Wow, Destiny's Child is back again forever!!!
2)That sparking guitar was the dumbest thing I've seen in a sporting contest that celebrates concussions.
3)Man, the background music for Beyonce's crotch ballet recital was awesome.
4)This football shit is interrupting a remarkable concert.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version