Snakes In The Ball Pit > Yay, I get to talk about me!

So How About That Superbowl?!?!

<< < (2/7) > >>

Isfahan:
How close are you to Baltimore?  I'm asking because sports fans are extra drunk and extra dumb on Superbowl Sunday and that tends to make them a little more riotish about championship games.  You should maybe consider getting a gun for protection.bunnybread, February 03, 2013, 03:17:26 pm
--- End quote ---

Oh Bunnybread, you're adorable. I already own more guns than I do trigger fingers, which I think technically means I'm a gun nut. I think? I don't know the delineation.

However, I'm pretty far from Baltimore, so I don't think the riots will spill over into my neck of the woods. Still, it's Baltimore. Riots are how they celebrate a new TCBY opening up.

montrith:
Being a not-American, I wasn't sure what this "football" thing was all about. So I googled. This is what came up.

http://i.imgur.com/9Omxz.png

I am now more confused.

Bunnybread:
How close are you to Baltimore?  I'm asking because sports fans are extra drunk and extra dumb on Superbowl Sunday and that tends to make them a little more riotish about championship games.  You should maybe consider getting a gun for protection.bunnybread, February 03, 2013, 03:17:26 pm
--- End quote ---

Oh Bunnybread, you're adorable. I already own more guns than I do trigger fingers, which I think technically means I'm a gun nut
Isfahan, February 03, 2013, 03:25:02 pm
--- End quote ---
Yeah, Kevlar-britches, that was the joke.  You think I don't know about your gun shrine?   Christ, I keep expecting you to pop up behind Wayne LaPierre when I'm watching C-Span.

Oh and HOLY FUCK THEY MADE A FOOTBALL FLOW CHART!  I actually wish I had known about this before I started the thread.  It really does seem like the ideal way to teach a sport to computer nerds.  Montrith, are you some kind of internet fairy that knows what we need before we know it ourselves?

montrith:
It's my superior google skills, which actually allow me to see the future and anticipate the forthcoming need for Internet stuff. That's the only thing they thought me during 7 years of Uni.

Seriously, I confess not being able to make heads or tails about  that chart. American football to me just pretty much comes down to "Some men stand grouched facing each other, until somebody blows a whistle, which is when everyone starts fighting".

Acierocolotl:
It's basically like rugby, except whenever the ball hits the ground or somebody gets knocked over, everybody takes a break.

And to celebrate the US's love of lawsuits, there's so many rules and regulations even the referee doesn't necessarily know them all, and one team or the other can be arbitrarily penalized.

I actually liked watching this.  Not because I have any enjoyment of the sport, but the local pub had this electronic trivia game where you'd try to predict what the quarterback was going to do, and you'd score points based on the accuracy of your prediction.  Despite having no ducks in any of the teams, I typically scored better than the majority of the college boys who could actually identify teams.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version