Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:27:22 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: General Podcast Questions Thread  (Read 45981 times)

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
General Podcast Questions Thread #60
So. A question that's been sitting at the back of my head for a while. Those of you who have or plan to have kids— is this podcast going to be your dirty secret to keep from them?

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
General Podcast Questions Thread #61
Those of you who have or plan to have kids— is this podcast going to be your dirty secret to keep from them?
Al, May 29, 2013, 03:46:01 pm

Well, my kid's young enough that it's really not gonna be a factor for a number of years, but once it is? I doubt it'll ever be a concern. Think of your own parents: How much did you really know about them growing up? I feel like teenagers are usually too mired in their own bullshit to really care that much about what their parents do, and most kids who have parents in show business (I know this correlation is a huge stretch, but I'm making a point here) have kids that are completely uninterested in their parents own body of work, regardless of how popular that body of work might be.

So I suspect we'll have an unspoken Don't Ask/Don't Tell policy.

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
General Podcast Questions Thread #62
No.

"Now be good, or daddy's gonna read your diary on his podcast."

gee golly gosh

• Paid
  • Poisonously Pink.
General Podcast Questions Thread #63
No.

"Now be good, or daddy's gonna read your diary on his podcast."
Acierocolotl, May 30, 2013, 07:59:20 pm

Best parent.

My question for the ridiculists: have you guys ever dreamt that you were recording / editing a podcast and woke up to the realisation that none of that happened? Was the episode nightmarish, really really good or average?

I mainly ask because I've had two dreams now that I was listening to a new f plus episode and got really confused when I went to iTunes and it wasn't there anymore.

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
General Podcast Questions Thread #64
I've been haunted by Stog's anime girl voice in a dream. Does that count?

gee golly gosh

• Paid
  • Poisonously Pink.
General Podcast Questions Thread #65
Boots Raingear, June 17, 2013, 07:47:28 am

That definitely counts.

Wow.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
General Podcast Questions Thread #66
Boots Raingear, June 17, 2013, 07:47:28 am

"Hi, Boots! So how is your dream going tonight?"
NutshellGulag Figs STOG

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
General Podcast Questions Thread #67
Bulbed because I can totally imagine that.

Delcat

• Paid
General Podcast Questions Thread #68
Would you guys ever consider a Chris-chan episode, or is he just too overdone?

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
General Podcast Questions Thread #69
Just a personal opinion, but I think Chris-chan is a bad idea. He's been done so many times it's just not anything any more, plus there's the whole creepiness factor of his trolls going way out of line and ending up just as bad as he is. It's a train-wreck that stopped being funny when people started hacking his emails and stalking him in real life, instead of just reporting on the stuff he posted himself. Making fun of CWC is not even shooting fish in a barrel, it's like shooting a barrel in a barrel. Fuck, the CWC wiki probably rivals real Wikipedia in the amount of information it contains.
Baldr chai tea latte

Delcat

• Paid
General Podcast Questions Thread #70
Just a personal opinion, but I think Chris-chan is a bad idea. He's been done so many times it's just not anything any more, plus there's the whole creepiness factor of his trolls going way out of line and ending up just as bad as he is. It's a train-wreck that stopped being funny when people started hacking his emails and stalking him in real life, instead of just reporting on the stuff he posted himself. Making fun of CWC is not even shooting fish in a barrel, it's like shooting a barrel in a barrel. Fuck, the CWC wiki probably rivals real Wikipedia in the amount of information it contains.
montrith, June 24, 2013, 01:51:34 pm

That's pretty much what I figured, I was just curious.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
General Podcast Questions Thread #71
montrith, June 24, 2013, 01:51:34 pm

It stopped being funny after like, 2 days. Then it got really, REALLY disgusting.

There's maybe an episode to be made from the CWC trolls, but I haven't bothered to look into it because the whole thing is super gross.

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
General Podcast Questions Thread #72
I have to agree. Chris-chan, while as sad as he is, is nothing compared to the weirdo fucks who document his life. They are THE REAL MONSTERS (SPOILER!!! TWIST!!!). Even though, I don't see an episode coming out of either camp. I'd just rather force Chris-chan to see a recruiter and to light the trolls on fire.

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
General Podcast Questions Thread #73
What STOG said.

The saga is gross. Okay, yes I did laugh when I saw a video of him sitting on his bed meditating about boobs, but that was a matter of early exposure and now anytime I see someone posting or talking about Chris Chan, I assume they're bad people, cause anyone who fuels this cycle of abuse is an asshole.

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
General Podcast Questions Thread #74
Since I only saw two posts on the names thread, how did all of you come up with your various internet names? I only saw Boots and Isfahan on the other thread, and I've always wondered how some of the other names came to be.