Snakes In The Ball Pit > Yay, I get to talk about me!

the australia zone

<< < (29/31) > >>

Salubrious Rex:
The latest discovery on my attempts to find 00's Australian shows that nobody cares about anymore is this youtube channel that seems to have all of The Chaser's shows if anybody is interested in some outdated and probably insensitive poor taste satire. It also has The Checkout, which I think is just Craig Reucassel and Julian Morrow and not actually The Chaser, but I recall being decent and informative.

I grew up watching The Chaser's War on Everything, I had the first 2 seasons on DVD and wore them out, last I tried they were unwatchable from the years of use and handling. I'm also curious about CNNNN, I have vague memories of watching it as a child but all that I remember clearly is Fungries.

I don't know how well any of it has aged but that at least will be a fresh fount of nostalgia to distract me when I'm bored some time, assuming everything hasn't been wiped when the ABC finds out about it.

GirlKisser420:
CNNNN is probably gonna hold up stronger, the 24 hour news format holds up better and this country has not evolved in the slightest since then

FinchChunk:
How are y'all going? I'm in Qld where we're sort of blissfully unaware of proper long term lockdowns but looking at the news today and the way people on Australian coronavirus Reddit are talking (not a great source of sanity I know)  I worry for my fellow country people.

Salubrious Rex:
How are y'all going? I'm in Qld where we're sort of blissfully unaware of proper long term lockdowns but looking at the news today and the way people on Australian coronavirus Reddit are talking (not a great source of sanity I know)  I worry for my fellow country people.
FinchChunk, September 18, 2021, 09:59:55 pm
--- End quote ---
I'm in NSW, my region was previously part of the Greater Sydney area but was recently changed to regional because that was confusing people. Unfortunately that's only emboldened people to ignore restrictions and carry on as usual.

My boss tested positive last week so I'm in isolation as a close contact for at least another 3 days depending on the result of my 12-day test today.

GirlKisser420:
I'm in Melbourne. This lockdown's going pretty much the same as the last one for me, though I'm doing essential services work so I'm in a really solid position. Most people seem pretty relaxed, but its real bad if you aren't in a good spot like everyone who's lost work. The lack of income support is real bad, Jobkeeper and Jobseeker made a huge difference, but unfortunately the liberal party's committed to not doing that again for ideological reasons. I honestly wouldn't say I'm doing great, but I'm trucking along as well as you can. The main problems are lack of going out for dinner after work, a bad habit I thoroughly enjoyed, and how it impacts dating.

I'm mostly concerned about Sydney since that's got a bigger outbreak with more relaxed rules. Plus there's a lot more ignoring restrictions apparently.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version