Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:39:28 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Brag about your pets  (Read 107906 times)

advancedclass

• Paid
Brag about your pets #45
Where's the bug-eyed smooshface, Cat Planet?

Look, this is how it's done. Here are pictures of my boys Tir and Ivan:

Liatai

Cat Planet

• Autosexual Lithromantic
  • Paid
Brag about your pets #46
I'm still waiting on the money to acquire it, I might talk to the cat breeder so she'll keep it for me.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 02:19:43 pm by Cat Planet »

montrith

• Petrodactyl Spotter
  • Internaut
  • You must be this tall to ride
Brag about your pets #47
I approve of your cats, advancedclass, and also your taste in Georgette Heyer books.

advancedclass

• Paid
Brag about your pets #48
Is there a greater honour for my cats than being officially endorsed by Finland? Sadly, they do not seem to agree on the matter of Georgette Heyer, judging from how often they like to jump on that shelf and rock it so books fall on the floor. I've moved the cat bed to a more structurally sound shelf, but there is nothing that can keep a cat from the allure of destruction.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
Brag about your pets #49
who's the little kitten with them in that third picture?

advancedclass

• Paid
Brag about your pets #50
Thank you for asking, Tiny Prancer! That's the queen of the household, Hero. I need to find where I put files from several computers back, since I don't seem to have any of her earliest photos on hand when she was smaller than her food bowl, but here's a terrible photo of her at four months that a friend took with their cell:

She is slightly bigger these days:

She's a precious baby and still goes to sleep every night on my shoulder nursing on my pyjamas.
Liatai

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
Brag about your pets #51
One of my cats still does the nursing thing, and it's a little gross, but he looks so hurt if I stop him.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
Brag about your pets #52
I hate to admit it but the reason I asked about the kitten is because the first thing I thought of when I saw the photo of the three of them together was

I refuse to deny I am a horrible fucking nerd and used to get up super early to watch Sailor Moon reruns when I was like 12.

(my first cat liked to suckle on my earlobes, she stopped after I got my ears pierced. It was kind of a relief at the time but it also made me kind of sad that I took that away from her.)
Liatai

Cat Planet

• Paid
Brag about your pets #53
So I've sold my old PC, translated a few documents and now I almost have the money to buy the shovel faced catte. Damn you, economic crisis in Russia!

Any naming suggestions? It's a girl. I want to name it Stupsi (as in German "Stupsnase", "upturned nose" in honor of my best lady friend). I also like Sananvapaus (Freedom of Speech in Finnish) but it's a bit too long.
Liatai
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 12:08:02 pm by Cat Planet »

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
Brag about your pets #54
So I've sold my old PC, translated a few documents and now I almost have the money to buy the shovel faced catte. Damn you, economic crisis in Russia!

Any naming suggestions? It's a girl. I want to name it Stupsi (as in German "Stupsnase", "upturned nose" in honor of my best lady friend). I also like Sananvapaus (Freedom of Speech in Finnish) but it's a bit too long.
Cat Planet, March 12, 2015, 12:01:27 pm

Jennifer

YetAnotherAmber

• Paid
  • official member of the Tender Gender
Brag about your pets #55
Taz is the only official pet I have, who lives at home with my parents. He's like 15 now and is going amazingly strong for his age, despite some kidney problems in the fall. He's a total lapcat who will spend literally all day cuddling with someone, or moving from person to person to lie on.

He was just a lease, but I will also count the horse I rode the last few years as a pet. His name is Willy and he is barely tall enough to be a horse instead of a pony and has the worst fear of anything that moves that he didn't expect to move. Makes riding outside a nightmare. (Yes the image is ancient, it's the only one i have that isn't him doing some ridiculous move while I'm riding him)

I could go on and on about the three stray cats that live around my student housing, but I won't this time. Partially because I don't have pictures of them handy

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
Brag about your pets #56

Cat Planet, March 12, 2015, 12:01:27 pm

Stupsi is pretty cute, it's got a charmingly dopey ring to it that really fits her endearingly goofy face.

Cat Planet

• Paid
Brag about your pets #57
It's pronounced Shtoopsee because it's German. Also a name that sounds like this is likely to attract the cat's attention. So I'm thinking about it.

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
Brag about your pets #58
The Naming of Cats is a difficult matter,
It isn't just one of your holiday games;
You may think at first I'm as mad as a hatter
When I tell you, a cat must have THREE DIFFERENT NAMES.
First of all, there's the name that the family use daily,
Such as Peter, Augustus, Alonzo or James,
Such as Victor or Jonathan, George or Bill Bailey--
All of them sensible everyday names.
There are fancier names if you think they sound sweeter,
Some for the gentlemen, some for the dames:
Such as Plato, Admetus, Electra, Demeter--
But all of them sensible everyday names.
But I tell you, a cat needs a name that's particular,
A name that's peculiar, and more dignified,
Else how can he keep up his tail perpendicular,
Or spread out his whiskers, or cherish his pride?
Of names of this kind, I can give you a quorum,
Such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat,
Such as Bombalurina, or else Jellylorum-
Names that never belong to more than one cat.
But above and beyond there's still one name left over,
And that is the name that you never will guess;
The name that no human research can discover--
But THE CAT HIMSELF KNOWS, and will never confess.
When you notice a cat in profound meditation,
The reason, I tell you, is always the same:
His mind is engaged in a rapt contemplation
Of the thought, of the thought, of the thought of his name:
His ineffable effable
Effanineffable
Deep and inscrutable singular Name.Quote from
strifeheart Liatai

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
Brag about your pets #59
It's pronounced Shtoopsee because it's German. Also a name that sounds like this is likely to attract the cat's attention. So I'm thinking about it.
Cat Planet, March 12, 2015, 11:40:09 pm

tbh knowing it's pronounced "Shtoopsee" makes it even cuter and dopier