Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:54:58 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 204: Slap 'Em Sane  (Read 41888 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
204: Slap 'Em Sane #30
Yes please.

Neal

204: Slap 'Em Sane #31
I can attest from personal experience that bananas soaked in bourbon are nice, particularly if you slice and caramelize them in a pan afterward and hit 'em with a dollop of whipped cream.

NutshellGulag

• Monkey Bacon
  • Ridiculist
  • My cat? Let me tell you about my cat...
204: Slap 'Em Sane #32
I can attest from personal experience that bananas soaked in bourbon are nice, particularly if you slice and caramelize them in a pan afterward and hit 'em with a dollop of whipped cream.
Neal, February 14, 2016, 10:46:28 pm

My thoughts exactly. "What this recipe needs is FIRE!"
Sherman Tank

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
204: Slap 'Em Sane #33
I went to Pirate Prentice, personally
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
204: Slap 'Em Sane #34
Baked beans are fucking delicious and I will fight anybody who says otherwise. I'm still vaguely pissed off that I had to find them in the 'foreign foods' aisle at Wegman's.

HEINZ 4 EVA!!!
Caroline, February 13, 2016, 07:08:42 am

If you ever come to America, I promise I will teach you what real baked beans taste like.

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
204: Slap 'Em Sane #35
This Heinz baked beans conversation is what happened on the processed food episode thread again, you're allowed to like an industrially processed food product!

Basically what I'm saying is that liking Heinz baked beans is like liking Heinz ketchup or Heinz mustard or Heinz whateverthefuck

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
204: Slap 'Em Sane #36
While I agree that you're allowed to like whatever the fuck food, it's much more normal to just make your own baked beans than it is to make your own ketchup.

Caroline

• The Warren Buffett of snuggling
  • Paid
  • More spaceship than rabbit
204: Slap 'Em Sane #37
Baked beans are fucking delicious and I will fight anybody who says otherwise. I'm still vaguely pissed off that I had to find them in the 'foreign foods' aisle at Wegman's.

HEINZ 4 EVA!!!
Caroline, February 13, 2016, 07:08:42 am

If you ever come to America, I promise I will teach you what real baked beans taste like.
Sherman Tank, February 15, 2016, 12:39:41 pm

I lived in America for four years, and each day of those four years I was saddened by the Heinz baked bean-less wilderness around me. I'm still not sure what I missed more, tinned baked beans or proper bacon.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
204: Slap 'Em Sane #38
Please keep your homemade baked beans on the other side of the atlantic thank you.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
204: Slap 'Em Sane #39
Holy shit, I don't think any of us realized just how much Heinz™ brand canned baked beans were treasured in the UK! It's like Vegemite in Australia.

Baldr

• Paid
204: Slap 'Em Sane #40
Maybe we're discussing different products without realizing it?  I remember talking to Australians about beer once, and they considered Fosters to be the lowest of the shit beers.  They said Fosters tasted like garbage in Australia, but in the United States it tasted like kind-of-okay beer.  Coke also has different formulas depending on the country.

Every time I've tried canned baked beans they've tasted like sugary cardboard encased within a mucoid matrix.  Caroline has to be eating a different product with the same name.

moooo566 (taylor's version)

• Paid
204: Slap 'Em Sane #41
Beans on toast is the #1 nostalgia food your mum made you for tea on rainy nights, and it'll be brought up on every buzzfeed list and radio call-in and blog post even tangentially related to comfort food or childhood memories. It has to be Heinz too. Maybe if you were desperate you'd buy supermarket own brand and then stuff it in the back of the cupboard and hope none of you friends ever see it. If this episode hadn't happened, I'm not sure the idea of making your own would ever have even occurred to me. I'd never really thought of them as treasured, but now you've brought it up I'm feeling defensive and I don't even actually particularly enjoy eating them.

On a less contentious topic, people having fun with XCOM 2 has inspired me to play a bit of the much more affordable EU/EW, and I've named all my dudes after the people who signed the petition. Dr Milkspasm died pretty quickly, but Hardon Spazjacket is already working his way up the ranks. As an added bonus, every time I see the list of soldiers I get to snicker a little.

Sherman Tank

• Licensed Kadir-Buxton Method Practitioner
  • Associate Tag Director, East
  • I'm over 30 years old and I like fried chicken.
204: Slap 'Em Sane #42
Holy shit, I don't think any of us realized just how much Heinz™ brand canned baked beans were treasured in the UK! It's like Vegemite in Australia.
Isfahan, February 15, 2016, 03:40:46 pm

I lived in England for years as a grad student and I always just assumed it was because they'd never had anything better than the Heinz ones (referred to, alarmingly, as Beanz [sic]).

Now I just wonder if there's something subtly wrong with them, like a Fabacean version of The Innsmouth Look.  Supporting evidence for this is the fact that they also don't have reuben sandwiches.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
204: Slap 'Em Sane #43
I've made baked beans a bunch of times. Super easy and super good.

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
204: Slap 'Em Sane #44
I will have you know that beanie weenies (baked beans and hot dogs served with crackers) was a childhood staple of mine. Also that my family was really, really poor.