Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:03:36 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG  (Read 57284 times)

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #75
So there's this one guy on Youtube called "LumpyTouch" and his entire gimmick is drawing hilariously gross and surreal versions of famous characters. It's the kind of stuff that makes you reflexively say "haha, jesus christ dude," and obviously that is a very good thing.

Have fun!
Dr. Buttplug

Penultimatum

• poster formerly known as dragon friend
  • Paid
  • my dragon element is pun
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #76
I really wanna play the Gorefield video game now

• Ridiculist
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #77
Bongcheon-Dong Ghost, an infamous Korean horror comic. It uses Flash, and hey, since Flash is going away soon you might as well experience this thing one last time. Just make sure to turn your headphones down.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage Dr. Buttplug Puppy Time chai tea latte
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 01:41:29 am by One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes »

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #78
Bongcheon-Dong Ghost, an infamous Korean horror comic. It uses Flash, and hey, since Flash is going away soon you might as well experience this thing one last time. Just make sure to turn your headphones down.
One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes, October 16, 2020, 12:55:05 am

I first encountered this comic after I got an extension that prevents flash autoplay, and didn't know about the gimmick, so I just assumed that the animated parts were intentionally drawing out the suspense of spooky shit. It kind of works.

• Ridiculist
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #79
The Enigma of Amigara Fault, the Junji Ito classic. One thing I love about Junji Ito is how he clearly gets a few ideas for creepy imagery, then just kind of draws a story around that. If you've never been exposed to his work, this really is a great one to start on.

Oh and uhh advice for non-dorks: you read it right to left.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Macho Masc Sangy Savage Puppy Time RoeCocoa

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #80
The Enigma of Amigara Fault, the Junji Ito classic. One thing I love about Junji Ito is how he clearly gets a few ideas for creepy imagery, then just kind of draws a story around that. If you've never been exposed to his work, this really is a great one to start on.

Oh and uhh advice for non-dorks: you read it right to left.
One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes, October 17, 2020, 02:59:25 am

I really like his short stand alone manga chapters like Amigara. There is something to the slow burn that is Uzumaki, but the shorts last just long enough to leave an impression and an unresolved ending that leaves your imagination to create even more dreadful scenarios.

Some other favorites:

The Hanging Balloons
Black Paradox
The Long Dream
........Cat Diary: Yon & Mu

Incidentally, found out that The Long Dream has a movie adaption? It looks cheesy as hell, and thus, delightful:

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes Dr. Buttplug

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #81
Amigara Fault fucked me up until I saw this image, then all was right with the world again:

ETA: Oh dang I just remembered another horror manga classic, Fuan no Tane. Lots of little short, spoopy stories, often with cool monsters.

Here's a short spooky film:

Macho Masc Sangy Savage One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 11:51:36 pm by Puppy Time »

• Ridiculist
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #82
Excellent dachshund action there.

Since we're doing Japanese spoops, I contribute a cooking video:

It is by piropito, who is a generally cool dude who used to do excellent horror videos and ant farm videos before he decided to start doing an insane blind minecraft let's play.  Which is not spoopy but is still very entertaining.

He has a playlist of his spooky stuff here
Puppy Time, October 12, 2020, 10:21:19 pm

This guy is great and I just wanted to call attention to my favorite video of his, titled "Username:666". It's the first one I ever saw and the art direction is just wonderfully creepy.

Puppy Time Dr. Buttplug

• Ridiculist
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #83
Want some free spooky games to enjoy? Try out the Haunted PS1 Demo Disc! This is a collection of horror-themed games that all shoot for that old-timey Playstation aesthetic. I haven't tried it myself but the promotional video is spot-on:

And while it's not free, there's also Night of the Consumers, which was meant to be in the collection but was cut because it wasn't completely finished in time. It's just a couple of bucks and it's a pretty creative idea for a game, so check it out if it sounds like something you'd be into.

And hey, more Castlevania music why not. Here's a playlist for a tribute album to Castlevania X68000, one of the more obscure games in the series. Features some of the lesser-known songs such as Moon Fight and Tower of Dolls. I'd link to that game too, but, y'know, I'd rather not have Konami's lawyers launch me out of a cannon and into a brick wall.
Puppy Time Dr. Buttplug

• Ridiculist
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #84

DANCIN'
Macho Masc Sangy Savage Puppy Time Dr. Buttplug

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #85

DANCIN'
One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes, October 20, 2020, 01:15:37 am

A few notes in and I'm like, "This is Cyriak, isn't it?"

Dude's whole channel is excellent for if you like extremely weird shit.
Dr. Buttplug

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #86
Doublepost because I just realized this Halloween will be a full moon, so here is some nostalgic* werewolf content:

*for me
One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes Great Joe Dr. Buttplug

• Ridiculist
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #87

Sweet Home, the Japanese horror movie that directly lead to the creation of Resident Evil. English subtitles available via closed captioning.

The story takes place in the Mamiya mansion, where five people have gathered in order to take photographs of the beautiful frescoes inside. As it turns out, mistakes were made and now a vengeful ghost has trapped everyone in the deadly murder-house, oh nooooooo!!!

Capcom had created a video game adaptation of the movie, and it follows the same basic premise but videogamerizes the hell out of the concept in a way that I actually find more appealing than the source material. One important mechanic was that each party member had their own unique item for exploring the mansion and otherwise only had two spare inventory slots for other items. Hmm... creepy mansion... limited inventory... special items... lots of exploration and backtracking........ yep, it's Resident Evil alright.

Regardless the movie has some nice cheesy horror and one scene is especially great, so if you want to see a film with a strange place in pop culture history, have at it.

BONUS: https://twitter.com/whitefox_cos/status/792200575060279297
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Puppy Time Dr. Buttplug
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 12:23:16 am by One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes »

• Ridiculist
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #88
Haunted houses and other such attractions aren't feasible this year, so let's take a virtual tour through a few of them instead!

Dr. Buttplug

• Ridiculist
IT'S HALLOWEEN ALL MONTH LONG #89
On Garbage Day Eve, let us learn about a truly garbage idea for a stage show:

https://twitter.com/everydaylouie/status/1314388169018667008

Clearly the show should have just been this looping for an hour. I'd go see that for sure.
Macho Masc Sangy Savage Dr. Buttplug Puppy Time Shell Game