Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:28:53 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2  (Read 25979 times)

Dawnswalker

• Paid
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #15
I'm in a good mood today, so this episode didn't fix my life, but it was still funny.!

I imagine the containment gazebo for the ball of twine as a form of truce in the ongoing "My Giant Ball of Twine is an Important Piece of Art" vs. "I Don't Want That Thing in the House" war. And whenever Lemon forces suggests that ridiculists go to see it, he basically kicks off another Cuban Missile Crisis.

But most of all, I've enjoyed the stories of how you all got together, and how the F Plus means things to you besides just "EW GROSS LOOK AT THIIIIIIIS" every week. (I'd better get to work on that doc I want to submit.)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #16
Help, ever since listening to this, I've had Kumquat's "FREE PETTING ZOO!!!" reverberating in my head.

Also, if someone wished a site/forum dedicated to turd condoms into existence, would you make an episode about it?

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #17
Also, if someone wished a site/forum dedicated to turd condoms into existence, would you make an episode about it?
A Meat, January 21, 2016, 04:16:23 pm

No. And now I blame you for that submission.

Victor Laszlo

• May my path be lit up by the bridges that I've burned
  • Ridiculist
  • Yay Victor!
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #18

I imagine the containment gazebo for the ball of twine as a form of truce in the ongoing "My Giant Ball of Twine is an Important Piece of Art" vs. "I Don't Want That Thing in the House" war. And whenever Lemon forces suggests that ridiculists go to see it, he basically kicks off another Cuban Missile Crisis.Dawnswalker, January 21, 2016, 03:06:26 pm

You misunderstood.  It was Bumpgrrl and me that established the Twine caBal and directed the pilgrimage, in fact arriving a day early in order to have time to make the trip.  We were the ones who were so very excited that the Twine Ball Inn is a real place.  Lemon was the one who hates fun.

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #19

I imagine the containment gazebo for the ball of twine as a form of truce in the ongoing "My Giant Ball of Twine is an Important Piece of Art" vs. "I Don't Want That Thing in the House" war. And whenever Lemon forces suggests that ridiculists go to see it, he basically kicks off another Cuban Missile Crisis.Dawnswalker, January 21, 2016, 03:06:26 pm

Lemon was the one who hates fun.
Victor Laszlo, January 21, 2016, 04:36:44 pm

That's some old-school tf2 action.

Wait if we are ressurrecting tf2 is THE LEMON PARTY going to be resurrected too?!

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #20

You misunderstood.  It was Bumpgrrl and me that established the Twine caBal and directed the pilgrimage, in fact arriving a day early in order to have time to make the trip.  We were the ones who were so very excited that the Twine Ball Inn is a real place.  Lemon was the one who hates fun.
Victor Laszlo, January 21, 2016, 04:36:44 pm

In the episode Lemon's really downplaying how much fun he had at the twine ball. He specifically ran up to me (as much as one could in that cramped "museum"), giggling out "there's a newspaper article on the wall about how the postman was fat 8DDDD" and insisting that I see it immediately.

ADMIT IT YOUR HEART GREW THREE SIZES AND WAS WRAPPED IN TWINE THAT DAY, YOU BIG OL' SOFTIE ^______^
Sherman Tank Digital Walnut moooo566 (taylor's version) Afraid of Audio Madtrixr Nifty Nif Gyro RoeCocoa

Triggerhappy938

• Victor-Puncher
  • Paid
  • The Geek-of-all-Trades
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #21
Listening to this reminded me I paid real american dollars to have this forum account that I haven't used in years.

Knitting Machine

• Paid
  • Buried in Yarn
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #22
I was a lurker on SA for years but never posted out of fear of being banned or being harassed. This place is much better.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #23
I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT EARWOLF PODCAST COMPETITION EVEN HAPPENED

boy that was a real wet fart of a thing, huh?
McMillan and Waifu, January 20, 2016, 08:44:29 pm

I hesitate to remind everyone of the Earwolf Challenge but I'd like to remind folks that the winners of that competition were already a semi-pro podcast based out of Los Angeles who could do things like get Patton Oswalt on as a guest—which they did for one of their entries—so yeah, it was a competition on paper, but it really wasn't in practice.

Essentially it was the podcast version of this

McMillan and Waifu

• Paid
  • ruining the black metal scene worldwide
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #24
I TOTALLY FORGOT THAT EARWOLF PODCAST COMPETITION EVEN HAPPENED

boy that was a real wet fart of a thing, huh?
McMillan and Waifu, January 20, 2016, 08:44:29 pm

I hesitate to remind everyone of the Earwolf Challenge but I'd like to remind folks that the winners of that competition were already a semi-pro podcast based out of Los Angeles who could do things like get Patton Oswalt on as a guest—which they did for one of their entries—so yeah, it was a competition on paper, but it really wasn't in practice.

Essentially it was the podcast version of this

Isfahan, January 24, 2016, 04:06:38 pm

That, and also IIRC they structured it in a way that made a lot more sense for judging a "traditional" Earwolf show (assumed recurring segments, interviews, guests, etc.) and they had revolving guest judges who either needed the F Plus concept explained to them and/or were straight up not into it. I also feel like Matt Besser was a colossal douche, but that might just be an uncharitable read of his personality.

Oh well, at least it got us Bozarth.

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #25
The podcasts felt like they were being judged more on their marketability than their quality or humor, I'd say. Not that The F Plus is the funniest thing ever (that goes to fat people falling down), but I'm certain being based out of LA gave them a huge advantage, which is why I mentioned it. From their perspective, it makes sense—the winner would be making money for Earwolf. I'm just not buying the premise.
McMillan and Waifu

stray dog freedom

• Paid
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #26
Requesting forums name change to big poppa cumbag

Fatty Bo Batty

• Adult Baby Protective Services Officer
  • Paid
  • Is good to make a posting
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #27
So, I DM a DnD game, and I Lady'd my players. I have a music playlist for battles, and I snuck "Twerk" in there. As soon as it came up, I went dead silent (mid sentence,) stared straight ahead, and let the song play in its entirety.
Lemon Bobalay Maxine Headroom goombapolice Gyro Boots Raingear McMillan and Waifu Sherman Tank Lost Season

Gyro

• touched fuzzy, got dizzy
  • Paid
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #28
We're still waiting on that TF2 server, Boots. [stab]

Boots Raingear

• BBQ Man-Pop
  • Administrator
  • CEO of Victor's basement
Episode 200b: Retrospective | Part 2 #29
I haven't finished setting it up because all of my weekends have been booked and I'll be damned if I'm letting you assholes start playing it without me. We're doing it next week.
Gyro chai tea latte A Meat Sherman Tank