Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:35:31 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: So, Ballpit, what did we learn today?  (Read 44416 times)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #120
I learned that giant puffball mushrooms exist, and they can get up to the size of a beach ball. Also if you search Google Images for giant puffball you can find lots of photos of people proudly showing off freakishly large mushrooms they've found

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #121
I learned that giant puffball mushrooms exist, and they can get up to the size of a beach ball. Also if you search Google Images for giant puffball you can find lots of photos of people proudly showing off freakishly large mushrooms they've found
A Meat, November 04, 2021, 01:31:11 am

I had a bunch of these in my yard as a kid!! I liked to jump on them and then eat shit because I slipped. Good times

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #122
I had a bunch of these in my yard as a kid!! I liked to jump on them and then eat shit because I slipped. Good times
Blood Book, November 04, 2021, 02:23:27 am

I hope you did that while they were still white and immature, because the spore cloud from the fully mature (and frankly ugly) ones could fuck up your lungs
thelizzerd

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #123
I'm learning a lot from this intro to mycology course, including the stuff about puffballs from my previous post, but also that Beatrix Potter (before she wrote children's books) was a mycologist who wrote scientific papers on mushroom reproduction and regularly did scientific illustrations of mushrooms
thelizzerd Macho Masc Sangy Savage

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #124

I hope you did that while they were still white and immature, because the spore cloud from the fully mature (and frankly ugly) ones could fuck up your lungs
A Meat, November 04, 2021, 06:28:54 am

Looks like there are two kinds of mushrooms called puffball mushrooms. The ones I'm thinking of are white and solid all the way through. And can get enormous!

xX_sp00ks_Xx

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #125

Looks like there are two kinds of mushrooms called puffball mushrooms. The ones I'm thinking of are white and solid all the way through. And can get enormous!

Blood Book, November 04, 2021, 04:19:01 pm
that's what they look like when they're immature, maturation causes them to develop a shitload of spores inside and eventually look more like this
Dr. Buttplug

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #126
G R O S S
thelizzerd jim and the mammograms A Meat

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #127

Blood Book, November 04, 2021, 04:19:01 pm
that's what they look like when they're immature, maturation causes them to develop a shitload of spores inside and eventually look more like this

A Meat, November 04, 2021, 04:47:40 pm
There's also an intermediate stage where they'll look white on the outside but if you cut into one it'll be mostly green on the inside. If you find one and it still hasn't developed the green stuff, it's still edible, and I hear they taste pretty good.

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #128
There's also an intermediate stage where they'll look white on the outside but if you cut into one it'll be mostly green on the inside. If you find one and it still hasn't developed the green stuff, it's still edible, and I hear they taste pretty good.
Great Joe, November 04, 2021, 05:33:07 pm
as far as I know you're right, but next week we have a guest lecture from an expert on mushroom foraging and edible mushrooms in general, so I'll let you know if I learn otherwise

Great Joe

• Paid
  • Myahhh!
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #129
Oh also, in Icelandic they're called gorkúlur, because that green stuff is the colour of a cow's gore.
thelizzerd xX_sp00ks_Xx Macho Masc Sangy Savage A Meat Dr. Buttplug Antivehicular

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #130
Fungi: partly fascinating, mostly terrifying

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #131
Michael J. Fox was born as Michael A. Fox, but he decided to have his middle initial be J. in honor of Michael J. Pollard, who played C. W. Moss in Bonnie and Clyde
Salubrious Rex
« Last Edit: November 08, 2021, 03:00:30 am by A Meat »

Great Joe

• Paid
  • Myahhh!
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #132
Late 1800s miners loved opera.

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #133
What we call in English a Danish pastry is called wienerbrød in Danish, which means Viennese bread, but in Vienna they call it Kopenhagener after the capital of Denmark
xX_sp00ks_Xx Salubrious Rex Great Joe

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #134
The loading animation has a technical name, and it's called a throbber. I hate it, and the inventor

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Throbber
Salubrious Rex A Meat Dr. Buttplug