Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:42:19 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: So, Ballpit, what did we learn today?  (Read 44128 times)

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #105
The soybean plant's scientific name is Glycine max. Apparently it was named Phaseolus max, until they found out that the soybean isn't part of the same genus (Phaseolus) as regular beans, so they moved it to the correct one. Soybeans don't contain an especially high amount of glycine, and they're not sweet (glyco- being sweet), so it's a weird name
xX_sp00ks_Xx Salubrious Rex chai tea latte

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #106
Neuro-linguistic programming was created in the 1970s by two men called John Grinder and Dick Bandler. Nominative determinism wins again.
chai tea latte A Meat Antivehicular Salubrious Rex RoeCocoa Great Joe Phantom Creep Frank West

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #107
Rivers Cuomo grew up (or at least from age 5 to 10) in an ashram called Yogaville that used to be in Connecticut but is now in Virginia. They have a registered trademark for something called Integral Yoga®

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #108
I got to learn all about [COMPANY]'s awesome culture and how it made them #1! See they have what they call the cultural flywheel, in which culture drives growth, which in turn drives innovation, which drives business outcomes, which drives growth so its an endless virtuous cycle! This is a key component in their overall business strategy and why you need to show up every day PUMPED and ready to kill it!
chai tea latte jim and the mammograms Salubrious Rex A Meat

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #109
I got to learn all about [COMPANY]'s awesome culture and how it made them #1! See they have what they call the cultural flywheel, in which culture drives growth, which in turn drives innovation, which drives business outcomes, which drives growth so its an endless virtuous cycle! This is a key component in their overall business strategy and why you need to show up every day PUMPED and ready to kill it!
Emperor Jack Chick, October 19, 2021, 05:47:37 pm

AAAAAAGUqelghqw;hgw;erl kjg dlk;jgqwe; lktjqw having horrible DISC assessment and onboarding flashbacks. Intense company culture like this is just the biggest red flag, right up there with "we're a family".

jim and the mammograms

• Paid
  • ah fuck my pun doesn't work now that i'm he/they
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #110

AAAAAAGUqelghqw;hgw;erl kjg dlk;jgqwe; lktjqw having horrible DISC assessment and onboarding flashbacks. Intense company culture like this is just the biggest red flag, right up there with "we're a family".
Blood Book, October 19, 2021, 06:27:53 pm

personally i think it's wise of a workplace to acknowledge how often i show up to work ready to kill
chai tea latte Emperor Jack Chick Salubrious Rex A Meat Macho Masc Sangy Savage Great Joe Dr. Buttplug

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #111

See sanguinary you're not thinking of the outcomes. Imagine if [COMPANY] accomplished [MISSION STATEMENT]! Everyone in the industry we support would get to work less, as they were so much more productive. That is absolutely and definitely how capitalism works!

personally i think it's wise of a workplace to acknowledge how often i show up to work ready to kill
jim and the mammograms

Yeah but your pump is seriously lacking. We've noted it on your core competencies and this is a clear area of opportunity for you.
chai tea latte

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #112
I'll pump your damn action shotgun if you give me a "meets expectations", bud

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #113

jim and the mammograms, October 19, 2021, 07:21:53 pm

A Quota for Murder

Sauce

• Common-gender prole
  • Paid
  • Screw it, I'll go with they/them
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #114
Guns n Roses have had two different guitarists who have named themselves after something tangentially related to chickens.

One of them is the proud owner of this guitar:

(Thank you Spooks for sharing that)

The other is known for his nunchaku dances.
Dr. Buttplug xX_sp00ks_Xx Salubrious Rex

xX_sp00ks_Xx

• Every corpse on Mount Everest
  • Paid
  • was once an extremely motivated person.
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #115
I learned that Tuffy the dolphin delivered supplies to SEALAB II.

Sauce Antivehicular chai tea latte Salubrious Rex

Great Joe

• Local good at video games be-er
  • Paid
  • Myahhh!
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #116
I learned that sometimes, mostly-rotted sealife carcasses will just, float up to beaches around the world, covered in tiny hairs and while a lot has disappeared off them, they still weigh several tonnes.

And they're called globsters.
Salubrious Rex

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #117
I learned that some ultraorthodox jews will avoid eating certain leafy vegetables because it's impossible to guarantee there aren't any insects hiding in there and eating them would not be kosher
Salubrious Rex Frank West

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #118
I learned that some ultraorthodox jews will avoid eating certain leafy vegetables because it's impossible to guarantee there aren't any insects hiding in there and eating them would not be kosher
A Meat, October 23, 2021, 02:04:07 am

so like god created the world right? and then he was just like LOL good luck avoiding accidental sin fuckos!

A Meat

• Paid
So, Ballpit, what did we learn today? #119
A Meat, October 23, 2021, 02:04:07 am

so like god created the world right? and then he was just like LOL good luck avoiding accidental sin fuckos!
Emperor Jack Chick, October 23, 2021, 11:05:56 am
Welcome to the world of overreaching jurisprudence that imposes more and more rules, I wouldn't know why. I just found out about it from a religious student asking a question in a course I'm in about mushrooms. The topic was that endosymbiotic mushrooms could be used as insect repellents in commercial crops