Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:31:31 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: The Great Indoors IS Cancelled  (Read 5747 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
The Great Indoors IS Cancelled
[note to self: update this thread title after the show actually airs]

So I just found out today that the next series of QI will be hosted by Sandi Toksvig, a decision clearly driven by the public's loud and constant demands for more Sandi Toksvig in their lives..

But this raises a question, with Superstar Comedian Sandi Toksvig in the QI host chair, what will become of former host Stephen Fry? Will he ever get another acting job? But Boots informed me that good news: he's been cast on another show, along with Joel McHale. Two charismatic actors who were probably in a thing you like! Exciting, right? Want to know more?

Well, it's a multi-camera CBS sitcom about millenials!

Let's meet the cast...

• Joel McHale as Jack Gordon: a globe-trotting adventure reporter now in charge of his clip's publishing department
  • Stephen Fry as Roland: an outdoorsman in his own right and founder of the clip
  • Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Clark: a tech nerd who knows everything about surviving on Mars and a zombie apocalypse yet has not been out of the city
  • Christine Ko as Emma: the social media expert who views Jack as the human version of dial-up
  • Shaun Brown as Mason: a hipster who has not spent any actual time outside
  • Susannah Fielding as Brooke: Roland's daughter and Jack's ex-girlfriend and current boss
  • Chris Williams as Eddie: Jack's best friend, who runs the local bar and helps him understand his co-workers
Wikipedia

Still interested? Sorry, why am I asking this question, of course you are. Here I am typing pointless words when I could be just pasting in the official trailer.

It's over four minutes long!
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 10:24:34 pm by Lemon »

Achilles' Heelies

• Ridiculist
  • Intelligent Doggie Tracking System
The Great Indoors Is NOT Cancelled
[note to self: update this thread title after the show actually airs]

So I just found out today that the next series of QI will be hosted by Sandi Toksvig, in a decision that will surely be a popular one.

I wondered what would become of the now toppled QI emperor Stephen Fry, but Boots informed me that good news: he's been cast on another show, along with Joel McHale. Exciting, right? Want to know more?

Well, it's a multi-camera CBS sitcom about millenials! Let's meet the cast!

• Joel McHale as Jack Gordon: a globe-trotting adventure reporter now in charge of his clip's publishing department
  • Stephen Fry as Roland: an outdoorsman in his own right and founder of the clip
  • Christopher Mintz-Plasse as Clark: a tech nerd who knows everything about surviving on Mars and a zombie apocalypse yet has not been out of the city
  • Christine Ko as Emma: the social media expert who views Jack as the human version of dial-up
  • Shaun Brown as Mason: a hipster who has not spent any actual time outside
  • Susannah Fielding as Brooke: Roland's daughter and Jack's ex-girlfriend and current boss
  • Chris Williams as Eddie: Jack's best friend, who runs the local bar and helps him understand his co-workers
Wikipedia

Still interested? Sorry, why am I asking this question, of course you are. Here I am typing pointless words when I could be just pasting in the official trailer.

It's over four minutes long!
Lemon, October 21, 2016, 03:10:39 pm
Haha, it's so funny to make jokes about millennials! The way that they struggle in a fucked up economy that their parents and grandparents created is hilarious! Why don't they just have a great attitude and work harder for slightly less shitty pay? This show is the best!

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!

[graphic of John Oliver saying "cool" goes here]
chai tea latte Runic

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
I was wondering why we hadn't heard anything about the person writing it--he's a guy who's done a lot of work as a producer as well as being a co-creator on Tosh.0.

In all their press they've insisted that their focus groups loved it and didn't think it was out of touch, but it's a multi-camera laugh track sitcom made in 2016.  The most recent sitcom with a laugh track that was still actually funny was The IT Crowd.

BARK RANGER

• MRS. ASTOR'S PET HORSE
  • Paid
Millennials ate all my Percocet. Millennials drew cats on my colostomy bag.  Millennials liquified my entire supply of Werther's Originals, poured it in a bathtub, put a horse mask on me, shoved me into the tub, and took photos for the Instagram, #sorrowsofoldwerther #lolyolo. Finally, a show for me!

« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 03:00:05 pm by BARK RANGER »

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!

EYE OF ZA

• Paid
Fuck you, now I'm reading the episode summaries.

Jack's critical attitude towards Clark's lackluster work ethic causes management to take action against him, forcing him to say only positive things about Clark. Meanwhile, Brooke chooses Emma and Mason to find a new intern that meets the company's ethnic diversity standards.
Haha, those millenials and their diversity.

dijon du jour

• your zesty bud
  • Paid
  • oh gosh
When Jack spends an entire weekend cuddling with Rachel, blowing off a key assignment for the clip's biggest issue of the year, Eddie, Roland and Brooke all fear that "Relationship Jack" has returned, having seen this version of him before. With an "alpha male" void in the office, Clark steps up and assumes Jack's role and persona, making the women in the office see him in a different light.

I have to admit I didn't expect this show to try to redpill me.
Amelia Blank

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • Just a Baby Drinkin Coffee
Amelia Blank Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Achilles' Heelies Turtle Yavuz

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
The Great Indoors IS Cancelled #9
UPDATE: The Great Indoors was cancelled in May of 2017, but not before airing a full season of 22 episodes.

Let's read about some highlights plots from Wikipedia

Episode 5: No Bad Ideas
Jack's critical attitude towards Clark's lackluster work ethic causes management to take action against him, forcing him to say only positive things about Clark. Meanwhile, Brooke chooses Emma and Mason to find a new intern that meets the company's ethnic diversity standards.

Episode 10: The Explorers' Club
Jack takes the millennial staff to a meeting at the Chicago Adventure Society to hear Roland retell the mountain climbing tale that inspired Jack's career choice. But Roland is shunned when the club president (Barry Bostwick) reveals newly-discovered evidence that indicates Roland lied about details of the adventure. Meanwhile, a girl Emma is mentoring quits following her on Twitter, making Emma feel like she's already ceased to be relevant at age 26.

Episode 15: Relationship Jack
When Jack spends an entire weekend cuddling with Rachel, blowing off a key assignment for the clip's biggest issue of the year, Eddie, Roland and Brooke all fear that "Relationship Jack" has returned, having seen this version of him before. With an "alpha male" void in the office, Clark steps up and assumes Jack's role and persona, making the women in the office see him in a different light.

Episode 18: Party Paul
Brooke's fiancé Paul is struggling to bond with his future father-in-law Roland, so Jack takes Roland and Paul out drinking with the aim of getting them closer together. The drunken Paul disappears and gets lost in Chicago, so Emma uses her hacking skills to track him down.

But fuck all that shit, I'm going to answer the question everybody has been asking: What does  a user on Metacritic named bucaneiro think of this show?

Why i the only one who like this ?? Because is not good behavior politic oriented. This sums up WHYyou guys are seeing a lot of bad reviews on this. It's a critic on the politic correctness of our society, and made me laugh high and hard. soooo *U*K THIS NEW SOCIETY OF HILARY BABYS.... I know this can't last but i will enjoy until the end.

1 of 1 users found this helpful
chai tea latte

EYE OF ZA

• Paid
The Great Indoors IS Cancelled #10
*U*K
SHAMBA~1.SBB