Projects > The F Plus

223: Penis Problems & Water

<< < (2/14) > >>

Eider Duck:
...I hadn't known anything about homeopathy before now...
Eider Duck, August 11, 2016, 11:34:00 am
--- End quote ---

How?
Blandest, August 11, 2016, 11:43:19 am
--- End quote ---

I dunno, I just knew it was something under the umbrella of psuedoscience, and was therefore a load of shit, and left it at that. I knew it was a thing, but I didn't know the silly details. I've never even known anyone that was into it!

Boots Raingear:
For some reason, the part that annoyed me the most was the guy who recommended taking 3 doses of sulphur. Sulphur by itself is fine, as it's a component used in building amino acids, which forms proteins in turn, so it's not bad for you in moderation like everything else. But you can get your recommended dosage through eating vegetables like a normal person, not by diluting it with water like an idiot.
--- End quote ---

The thing I didn't explain in the intro is that the remedy is usually diluted to the point where there is none of the original ingredient in it.

A 20C sodium solution is one part sodium in 10^40 water, which means that you have extremely slim odds of having a single atom of the original sulphur remaining in the final remedy.

Eider Duck:
For some reason, the part that annoyed me the most was the guy who recommended taking 3 doses of sulphur. Sulphur by itself is fine, as it's a component used in building amino acids, which forms proteins in turn, so it's not bad for you in moderation like everything else. But you can get your recommended dosage through eating vegetables like a normal person, not by diluting it with water like an idiot.
--- End quote ---

The thing I didn't explain in the intro is that the remedy is usually diluted to the point where there is none of the original ingredient in it.

A 20C sodium solution is one part sodium in 10^40 water, which means that you have extremely slim odds of having a single atom of the original sulphur remaining in the final remedy.
Boots Raingear, August 11, 2016, 12:21:24 pm
--- End quote ---

Then... then why recommend dosage at all, if it's going to be diluted so much? They may have well as recommended arsenic and/or lead since it will be so diluted.

God, homeopathy is dumb as all fuck.

Boots Raingear:
Then... then why recommend dosage at all, if it's going to be diluted so much? They may have well as recommended arsenic and/or lead since it will be so diluted.
Eider Duck, August 11, 2016, 12:32:30 pm
--- End quote ---

They do that. The ingredient they prescribe is something that will cause the symptom they are trying to cure. They prescribe arsenic homeopathic remedies for people who vomit a lot. They prescribe caffeine for people with insomnia. It's such obvious bullshit, but people who may or may not be my mother have spent an awful lot of money on it.

Ambious:
Jesus christ child homeopathy isn't even funny, it's borderline child abuse

Eider Duck, August 11, 2016, 12:32:30 pm
--- End quote ---

For the same reason you repeat a magic incantation an exact number of times rather than just once - because when you quantify something it makes it seem as if it's actually relevant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version