Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:42:14 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: oh god.  (Read 5622 times)

slambam

• pigkin footbrawl
  • Paid
oh god.
I just realized someone that I dated for a couple months in the past now has the attributes needed to black out an F Plus bingo card all on their own, and I'm not sure how to process this fact.

They weren't this off the deep end while we were dating. Although, I found out after the fact that they had only wanted to date me in order to get tumblr notes on comics they made about our relationship. I probably should have seen this coming.
NERRRRD

advancedclass

• Paid
oh god. #1
I found out after the fact that they had only wanted to date me in order to get tumblr notes on comics they made about our relationship.slambam, July 15, 2015, 12:07:26 pm

"So I never understood why you were dating slambam, Bingo-chan."
"Well, friend, sometimes you enter a relationship not out of love, but to gain something. Some do it for money, some do it for power, but I did it for the purest and not at all sad or pathetic reason: getting more than 100 likes and reblogs on my tumblr diary comics."
They high-five.

slambam

• pigkin footbrawl
  • Paid
oh god. #2
If only that were an exaggeration. I believe at least one of them got over 20k notes, probably much more now.

edit: 147,174 notes. jesus christ
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 12:24:56 pm by slambam »

goombapolice

• a muscular, cum producing MONSTER
  • Paid
oh god. #3
how the fuck does somebody get there.

"Hey human, yeah you that has feelings and emotions, I'm gonna use you for internet cred OK? OK."

Emperor Jack Chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
oh god. #4
how the fuck does somebody get there.

"Hey human, yeah you that has feelings and emotions, I'm gonna use you for internet cred OK? OK."
goombapolice, July 15, 2015, 12:49:10 pm

I mean I'm just gonna point out the purpose of this podcast while sitting atop my piles of podcast money!
Boots Raingear Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Stone doggo effigy slambam chai tea latte Baldr

QueenSyreen

• Unsurprised, yet Disappointed
  • Paid
  • very very strongly pro-vaxx
oh god. #5
yea but who are they and what deep end are they off of

slambam

• pigkin footbrawl
  • Paid
oh god. #6
I won't say exactly who they are, but they're a young comic artist with a decently sized social media presence which doesn't really narrow it down, but bear with me. They use they/them or it pronouns, depending on what form they feel like they are that day. I think the it/itself pronouns are specifically for a fursona, but they use them in real life. There's also miscellaneous special snowflake stuff: self diagnosis of mental issues they objectively do not have, gender/sexuality conglomerations and so on. They also beam this gender/sexuality mish-mash into the internet constantly, lest someone forget.

They also have a patreon that publically described as helping to paying their rent or facilitating more art, but mostly what they talk about using the money for on social media is making a fursuit, unless it's around when rent is due. Then it's all about rent.

So, that deep end. I tried to put a cleaner label on it, but my best guess is "uwu"

Ike

• Paid
  • these colors keep me awake at night
oh god. #7
fursonaslambam, July 18, 2015, 07:11:16 pm

mmmmm

slambam

• pigkin footbrawl
  • Paid
oh god. #8
This isn't to say that fursonas are always innately awful. It's difficult to summarize this person in a way that would read objectively and make sense.

This is also one of those people who is a "die cis scum" type person, and has it in their head that people can (and should) choose to be trans or gay or queer or what have you. This mentality is to the point of making blurbs on the internet about how they've already pegged a 12 year old cousin as a transgender/genderqueer person, based soley on very vague information from this child's mother.

QueenSyreen

• Unsurprised, yet Disappointed
  • Paid
  • very very strongly pro-vaxx
oh god. #9
-nods- i understand. ive made some GREAT dating choices too, no judgement. i just way enjoy reading the blogs of tumblr snowflakes so i was like 'oh, hooray, another!!'

slambam

• pigkin footbrawl
  • Paid
oh god. #10
Nah, it's totally ok. Under any other circumstances I would absolutely link you, but this person still lives near where I live and is vocal about living there, so that's more than I want to put on the internet about myself.

Mu.

• Paid
oh god. #11
What made them go off the deep end and what did you see in them in the first place?

slambam

• pigkin footbrawl
  • Paid
oh god. #12
Let's go ahead and call this person Bingo-chan, as advancedclass so aptly named them.

I think they were always headed in this direction. They've been embedded in the tumblr echo chamber and a twitter sphere that just reinforces the tumblr echo chamber for a really long time, and that has only compounded things. They had a "queerer than thou" attitude even before I knew them, and they've always justified a lot of toxic behavior as "self care." They also avidly play the Oppression Olympics game. Over time that's magnified their sense of entitlement and driven them to become more and more special and consequently more oppressed because they are so very, very special.

A short example: one of their roommates at the time legitimately had the problems that Bingo-chan liked to pretend they had: mental illness, poverty, and oppression (this roommate is a POC).  Becuase she actually had the problems Bingo-chan's identity was based on, Bingo-chan treated her horribly and belittled her problems because they were threatened. Most of Bingo-chan's expenses were covered by their other partner* and their parents. I don't care if someone is supported financially by their partner or their parents, because it's none of my business, but claiming poverty for internet cred while getting that kind of support is pretty fucked up.

*By dating me as well as this other person, Bingo-chan bumped themselves up the queerer than thou ladder one more rung by having a polyamorous relationship, which was topical at the time. I am not polyamorous, but I was willing to look past that because of the situation detailed below.

I had a couple months prior left a two year relationship. My ex from that relationship (let's call them G) was jealous and manipulative while we were dating, and it only got worse after we broke up. A lot of our friends recognized that what G was doing was wrong, but wouldn't say anything about it because he was valuable socially and/or because they didn't want to "pick sides." I felt very lost and alone, and G's behavior was taking a toll on me mentally.

I needed someone to back me up, and Bingo-chan made themself available. They and their other partner stood up for me publicly, which is what drew me to them. This was someone who felt strongly on my behalf and actually wanted to help (although they never really did - in fact, they made it worse). They were involved in the social circle I was a part of, but they were just far enough removed geographically and socially that I could get away from G. It was a safe place, even if it was a shitty one.