Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:20:05 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Tilting at a windmill called public recognition.  (Read 5904 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
Tilting at a windmill called public recognition.
I mean seriously, David Axelrod's podcast is on there and we aren't?

https://onion.typeform.com/to/FVMFu3

If you wrote in "The F Plus", I'd appreciate it. If instead you wrote in "I Don't Even Own A Television", Chris and J would appreciate it.  But if you vote for Freakonomics Radio, nobody is happy.
Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Achilles' Heelies chai tea latte Bodark Sherman Tank Yavuz Shigan

Yavuz

• Fave: Heavily Excessive Prekumquatxop
  • Paid
  • whats up you cem loving fuck
I gamed the system by voting for IDEOTV on my phone and the F Plus on my laptop. I guess that makes me one of those "voter fraud" people they keep talking about but never finding.
Lemon DetectiveSlowpoke Sherman Tank

Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop

• Trill Lesh
  • Paid
  • 12 cellphones and I look like kurt angle
I gamed the system by voting for IDEOTV on my phone and the F Plus on my laptop. I guess that makes me one of those "voter fraud" people they keep talking about but never finding.
Neşeli Sultan Selim the Hedgesultan, December 08, 2016, 01:31:53 pm
"I love to work at the onion post office and tear up the absentee ballots of people that vote for IDEOTV"
Yavuz Corn Syrup

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
I already voted for a REAL podcast, but I still mentioned you for next year, so maybe one day you'll be able to play with the big boys

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
I've said it before, but god fucking dammit I wish we had a Wikipedia page.

The internet at large uses "has a Wikipedia page" as a shorthand to "matters". Wikipedia itself has it's own ephemeral "notable" standard, which is just down to somebody's opinion. Knowledge Graphs heavily lean on Wikipedia as a crucial source.

I just wish I could figure out what would make The F Plus "notable" in Wikipedia's eyes, where many words can be spent on some very inconsequential shit.

Frank West

• Have you ever astraled and kicked it with satan
  • Ridiculist
  • Marky Mk 2
I've said it before, but god fucking dammit I wish we had a Wikipedia page.

The internet at large uses "has a Wikipedia page" as a shorthand to "matters". Wikipedia itself has it's own ephemeral "notable" standard, which is just down to somebody's opinion. Knowledge Graphs heavily lean on Wikipedia as a crucial source.

I just wish I could figure out what would make The F Plus "notable" in Wikipedia's eyes, where many words can be spent on some very inconsequential shit.
Lemon, May 17, 2017, 02:16:50 pm

Well, basically, wikipedia editors have to care about you.

So what I'm saying is, we do a wikipedia episode and really, really brutalize wikipedia editors. At least one of them will take so much offense he'll personally write up the article and be vigilant against it's deletion.
Lemon Agent (gobble, gobble) Coop Corn Syrup Malten Turtle

Lemon

• Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
So what I'm saying is, we do a wikipedia episode and really, really brutalize wikipedia editors. At least one of them will take so much offense he'll personally write up the article and be vigilant against it's deletion.
Frank West, May 17, 2017, 02:35:32 pm

I don't think I'm above this tactic.

As a semi-related aside, I'm not entirely sure what Wikidata is but on the guess that it provides some of the same sources, I made an entry for us today.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 03:03:49 pm by Lemon »

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
In a practical sense, the thing that can get your article to stick on Wikipedia is having sources to cite. That's the big 'notability' criterion, at least in theory--Wikipedia is supposed to be built out of referenced information.  I've seen a lot of pages that use citations from the thing itself, but generally they also have citations from other sources too.  So if you can find articles people have written about The F Plus or times that you've been mentioned elsewhere, you've got a bigger chance of being notable.

Neal

Off topic, this reminds me that I saw someone had started, then gave up after two articles, on an F Plus Wikia site.

On topic, I agree with the above on finding links to people other than The F Plus talking about the podcast as a way to increase that ineffable "notability". There are a couple of older blog entries that might serve as a good start: one from Maximum Fun, and the other from Crave, may fit the bill.

Carbon

• Paid
  • Can wink with both eyes at once
Trying to draw a meaningful line to wall that benefit off from that from the lively, completely incoherent discussions going on even now at OverflowingBra.com may, alas, prove a fool’s errand.
Ah, spoken like a true "podthinker".