Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:35:04 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks  (Read 36620 times)

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #15
I saw the title of this and I automatically knew it was Steven Universe.

Honestly, Steven Universe is one of the reasons my faith in cartoons and CN was restored. I know a lot of people are like 'kids will watch anything' and that isn't true and even if it was, why give kids crap? Like this is something that bothers me. You know that saying garbage in garbage out? You give kids crap, they're probably end up not thinking about making good stuff in the long run. And even if that also isn't true, why should kids be given crappy media while adults get the good stuff? There is also the fact that the creators behind this show, Rebecca Sugar and her crew, obviously have taken inspiration from old anime and the like. So of course adults are going to enjoy it.

But I think one of my faveorite things about this show is how the whole idea of media with large female casts don't make money is flushed right down the toilet

CormansInferno

• Forsooth! A ravenous ghoul approaches!
  • Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #16
Honestly, Steven Universe is one of the reasons my faith in cartoons and CN was restored. I know a lot of people are like 'kids will watch anything' and that isn't true and even if it was, why give kids crap? Like this is something that bothers me. You know that saying garbage in garbage out? You give kids crap, they're probably end up not thinking about making good stuff in the long run. And even if that also isn't true, why should kids be given crappy media while adults get the good stuff?
Kaleidoscope, July 11, 2016, 06:18:54 pm

Most of the time people don't want to create crap, the money guy above them only turns on the funding spigot for derivative crap and they make the best of it. Sugar had a huge opportunity and made the most of it. She was the first person to create a show for Cartoon Network who wasn't from the CalArts pipeline (and the first woman to have a series on CN period), and only bypassed that because Pen Ward built his staff the nontraditional way Thurop Van Orman had for Flapjack. Her contributions to Adventure Time were a huge part of the show's appeal so that might've also given her a little more leeway when she created SU. I sometimes wonder if the LGBT content would be as prominent if it hadn't become one of the top-rated shows on the network. 

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #17
I'm not sure but I think CN, despite some of it's issues, is probably the most progressive channel aimed towards kids.

I also think the reason Sugar has suceeded is because she also made something she thought others would enjoy instead of focusing solely on what she thought kids would like

Amelia Blank

• Giant Woman
  • Paid
  • Secretly seven cats in a human-shaped bag
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #18
I feel like SU is a great example of the idea that "you don't create for other people you make something that YOU would want to watch" which I subscribe to full stop. Like that's the same thought process behind works like Batman the animated Series and Gravity Falls. Also Rebecca hired a LOT of people of color on both the staff AND in the cast. <3 She also has LGBT folks working on the creative team so thus there is a lot of authentic gay and trans themes. <3
Kaleidoscope

Ambious

Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #19
Some 2 year old spoilers ahead:

Amelia Blank CormansInferno Kaleidoscope Runic Gyro Ragnarok Boobies

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #20
I feel like SU is a great example of the idea that "you don't create for other people you make something that YOU would want to watch" which I subscribe to full stop. Like that's the same thought process behind works like Batman the animated Series and Gravity Falls. Also Rebecca hired a LOT of people of color on both the staff AND in the cast. <3 She also has LGBT folks working on the creative team so thus there is a lot of authentic gay and trans themes. <3
Ms.Blank, July 12, 2016, 03:08:45 am

Speaking of gay themes, who wants space rocks in purdy dresses?

Peridot and Amethyst look ready for prom. Art done by happyds on tumblr
Amelia Blank eldritchhat

Amelia Blank

• Giant Woman
  • Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #21
Ms.Blank, July 12, 2016, 03:08:45 am

Speaking of gay themes, who wants space rocks in purdy dresses?

Peridot and Amethyst look ready for prom. Art done by happyds on tumblr
Kaleidoscope, July 12, 2016, 01:25:36 pm

I saw this on Tumblr earlier! It's soooo good! They all look so pretty. <3 And Peridot and Amethyst look like they're having the night of their lives.

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #22

Another tumblr peice. This time by onemegawatt
Amelia Blank CormansInferno Positronic Ragnarok Boobies

Amelia Blank

• Giant Woman
  • Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #23

Another tumblr peice. This time by onemegawatt
Kaleidoscope, July 15, 2016, 01:41:51 am

Oh my god. I am IN LOVE with this! <3 So pretty!

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #24
It's like my talent is discovering good SU art
Amelia Blank Ragnarok Boobies

Amelia Blank

• Giant Woman
  • Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #25
It's like my talent is discovering good SU art
Kaleidoscope, July 16, 2016, 12:39:05 am

You have a gift. Share it with the world.
Ragnarok Boobies

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #26
I shall

Have some art of my bara wife.

Amelia Blank

Amelia Blank

• Giant Woman
  • Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #27
I shall

Have some art of my bara wife.

Kaleidoscope, July 16, 2016, 09:54:56 pm

*fans self* wow. that is gorgeous. She is gorgeous. I am sooo gay. ><

Ambious

Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #28
Don't get me started!

Edit:
Here are a couple of really amazing (relatively SFW) 3D renders of Peridot from a REALLY NSFW set:

Amelia Blank Kaleidoscope chai tea latte Ragnarok Boobies
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 04:33:45 am by Sir Rev. Dr. Prof. Ambious Ph.D, Esq. »

Kaleidoscope

• Paid
Weepy Lesbian Space Rocks #29
Time for some flowery gems!

All of these were done by askhungryeren on tumblr

And let's have some gems in suits

By jen-ii who is awesome. She also runs a kick ass ask blog featuring human Ruby and Sapphire
Amelia Blank Ragnarok Boobies