Snakes In The Ball Pit > Announcements

ballp.it Changelog

<< < (28/31) > >>

Lemon:
Okay, so I made a change I'd been thinking about for some time. Here's the general idea:

Because the ballp.it design goes wall-to-wall, more elaborate posts with several paragraphs become hard to read (at least for me) on a larger monitor display. There's a whole bunch of disagreements on the actual "perfect" line-length, but it's broadly agreed over 75 characters on a line and a block of text's scanability becomes compromised. There's a bunch of use cases where you could get over 200.

So, I played around with an idea, which is running on the site right now, mostly affecting the threaded view. If you look at ballp.it on a larger monitor, and you've got thoughts to share on it, go right ahead.

Mix:

Also, posts themselves take up about half of my monitor, which, again, idk if that's intentional, but its....very big for me. (I can also just zoom out if I'm the outlier here, so its not a huuuuuge deal) I'm not against bumping the size up a bit in general, though

Wrought:
I like the way previous posts in the thread are displayed now when you make a new post but I have to agree with mix, I think this stuff is kind of too big

Frank West:
I've got a sizable monitor and I agree it's too big, especially when writing a new post, where the text size gets HUGE, like 24pt.

beelzeboob:
Disagree with Wrought, I hate how the old posts display when making a new post. It's confusing to the eye and I have a hard time referencing the post I'm responding to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version