Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:57:08 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying)  (Read 16814 times)

Lemon

• Whatever happened to Freedom of Speech?
  • Administrator
  • ...IT'S NOW THE MASH!
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying)
with Frank West Boots Raingear Kumquatxop Lou Fernandez and Lemon
content for this episode was compiled by Comixologist
edited by Boots Raingear.

Does any modern society appreciate poetry more than the creative types over at Tumblr? Yes, of course. But would any other modern society be so quick to ape the creative output of Sylvia Plath in order to eke out some undeserved attention? Maybe, but for the purposes of this episode summary let's just pretend the answer is no.

In this episode, we have a very, very specific rule; We are only reading pieces on Tumblr that have been tagged #SylviaPlath. The results will surprise you, but only a little bit. This week, the F Plus reinvents apple sauce?

MUSIC USED:
Tears For Fears - Johnny Panic and the Bible of Dreams
The Bangles - Bell Jar

chai tea latte

• TheftBot is, simply put, a fully sentient robot for stealing automatic teller machines
  • Paid
  • (ATMs) from nearby convenience stores.
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #1
Oh no. Oh no aha this is going to rule, I can't wait.

Glitterbomber

• Paid
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #2
There are a good few internet safaris in the game, places we can gawk at weirdos and giggle.

But only the F Plus guys are weird and crazy enough to do something like this and find the gold, and for that they will always be the best.

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #3
This is weirdly conceptual

Ike

• Paid
  • these colors keep me awake at night
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #4
I like this rule

Mister Smalls

• Steampunk Evita original cast member
  • Paid
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #5
In a couple months when I can get together with some friends, we're going to listen to this episode for the first time and everyone is going to drink whenever I make an involuntary noise of disgust, hatred, or disbelief.

Glitterbomber

• Paid
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #6
In a couple months when I can get together with some friends, we're going to listen to this episode for the first time and everyone is going to drink whenever I make an involuntary noise of disgust, hatred, or disbelief.
Mister Smalls, May 07, 2015, 02:45:13 am

Is this a Jonestown thing because y'all are gonna die in mass.

advancedclass

• Paid
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #7
This was delightfully insane in a way the "normal" "poetry" episodes aren't. It feels a bit more in line with the F Plus Sings somehow.

Always good to hear Lou guesting, but the runaway star of this episode has to be Kumquatxop. You did some glorious pronunciation/recitation gymnastics here, sir.

jimpjorps

• gabagool fantasia
  • Paid
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #8
I, too, hate people with tons of names

Cat Planet

• Autosexual Lithromantic
  • Paid
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #9
When I've read the episode synopsis I instantly thought "Oh, I bet someone on Tumblr identifies as Plath-kin" and lo and behold.

Tiny Prancer

• Tiny and angry
  • Paid
  • please be more respectable to physics
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #10
It’s really kind of the fplus to dedicate an entire episode to literally every torrid poem I have ever written and handed in for an easy grade.Quote from

QueenSyreen

• Unsurprised, yet Disappointed
  • Paid
  • very very strongly pro-vaxx
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #11
When I've read the episode synopsis I instantly thought "Oh, I bet someone on Tumblr identifies as Plath-kin" and lo and behold.
Cat Planet, May 07, 2015, 02:06:17 pm

yetanotheramber and I sometimes play a game where we go on kin sites and try to find characters/people that no one is kin to. it's a fierce game honestly

crow

• Paid
  • get smoked
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #12
That last part with the chick talking to Sylvia plath had me dying

Waifu Haver

• Paid
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #13
see you put your hands in your pockets so the hands are the arm-blades and the pockers are the arm-scabbard so logically the arm-hilt would be your wrist

Positronic

• You told a squash lie!
  • Paid
  • You broke a squash promise!
175: I Am I Am I Am (Annoying) #14
I'll confess--if tumblr was around when I was in 11th grade, I would definitely be posting in that tag. Reading The Bell Jar back then had me worrying about ending up like Sylvia, and I remember posting my fears to some post secrets type blog. The best advice I got was "Don't marry Ted Hughes".

But wow, what a great way to showcase how crazy tumblr tags can be. The Pillsbury Doughboy post stands out as the weirdest one to me... the person who wrote it just seems so passionate about a pastry mascot.
Sherman Tank