Snakes In The Ball Pit > Yay, I get to talk about me!

Catch all metal thread

<< < (8/8)

montrith:
Speaking of long tracks, when is Fplus going to fill it's obligation as an Internet Thing and include a sample of Ghost Love Score? I think they take your computer away if you do a thing with music and don't use it, or does that only apply for videos. I'll check those links out later, since I'm on my way to a job interview right now.

cyclopeantrash:

1) Made it through about 5 minutes. Too slows/borings for me. In general, I find doom metal extremely boring (and pretty much anything else slow). They had some interesting work with textures coming at around 3 min, but not enough to really hold my interest. Also clean singing without a proper transition or setup coming off abrasive vocals always rubs me the wrong way.
2) I'm noticing a trend here. This is MUCH better. Excellent layering. The interlude is fucking fantastic. Linked to a couple buddies. Excellent find. Thanks!
3) I feel like I'm at ren faire. Where are my pantaloons?? A lot of this works and a lot of it doesn't. I want them to take a step back and simplify, they're trying to do too much and nothing really stands out. :| Doing a little reading it seems like this is the closer to a full album, which is probably a little divorced from the context of the album. I'll listen to a couple other tracks and see if I like em better.
4) This is excellent. Really like the slow evolution aped from electronica. Hungary has put out a ton of fantastic stuff lately, come to think of it. Great scene there. (marblebog side project)
5) Based on the cover art, I'm going to like the hell out of this. Upon listening, it's ok. Nothing exceptional, which is a bit disappointing. USBM has a lot of great stuff lately. High hopes? :/
6) I like this a lot more.

Your taste seems to extend to longer tracks (everything you linked was around 10 minutes), with major transitions occurring halfway through. It's a pretty peculiar set of stuff!
jack-chick, February 12, 2013, 07:07:24 pm
--- End quote ---

That's a pretty concise examination. And how was I unaware of anything extending from Marblebog? Hungary does have quite the good output considering it's population. Kinda sucks that it shares Ukraine's association with NS metal. But what'll ya do? Anyway, here's another salvo of tracks.

Speaking of Ukrainian NS metal!

I'm pretty sure every self respecting BM fan knows of these guys.

Black metal plus krautrock.

Not metal in the slightest but worthy of attention nonetheless.

Irish folk metal.

Black metal gone Hemmingway.

Geremy Tibbles:
Meshuggah was amazing. Floor lost it when Combustion came on and the entire general admissions turned into a (very nice) pit for the entire song.

Otherwise pretty relaxed for a metal concert.

TheCrawlingChaos:
Speaking of long tracks, when is Fplus going to fill it's obligation as an Internet Thing and include a sample of Ghost Love Score? I think they take your computer away if you do a thing with music and don't use it, or does that only apply for videos. I'll check those links out later, since I'm on my way to a job interview right now.
montrith, February 13, 2013, 03:39:02 am
--- End quote ---
I'd settle for their cover of Over the Hills, myself. That seems to be another popular option.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version