Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 11:37:48 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 343: Keeping Cantel Moist  (Read 8002 times)

Antivehicular

• she/her
  • Paid
  • ridin' high in my supervan
343: Keeping Cantel Moist #15
"Person who got a degree from a good school decades ago and has decided this makes them a brain genius on every subject forever" is my favorite type of Internet Crazy Person. This episode rules.

I heard Chris Cantelmo killed Wolfman Jack with a trident! CHRIS CANTELMO!
Ugly In The Morning Zemyla

Ugly In The Morning

• Paid
343: Keeping Cantel Moist #16
"Person who got a degree from a good school decades ago and has decided this makes them a brain genius on every subject forever" is my favorite type of Internet Crazy Person. This episode rules.

I heard Chris Cantelmo killed Wolfman Jack with a trident! CHRIS CANTELMO!
Antivehicular, January 24, 2021, 03:52:28 am

I’m not even sure he got that degree, a lot of his biochem stuff was wrong.

Also as soon as the second law of thermo came up I was like “oh boy, he’s gonna be one of those people that forgets the sun exists and earth isn’t a closed system” and yup, he sure was. Which is ironic since y’all just covered his obsession with staring at the sun.
Arc welders wear visors to protect their faces from flying sparks and also to protect their vision from an electric arc powerful enough to melt metal.
SHAMBA~1.SBB, January 23, 2021, 01:36:49 am

Yep, and they have to set up welding screens so they don’t blind people walking by. You can get a sunburn from arc welding, even.

EYE OF ZA

• some people's reactions such as the fuck,the hell,wtf, or what the hell
  • Paid
  • I have a problem and then I have another problem
343: Keeping Cantel Moist #17
Oh man I love these half-read wikipedia article facts about physics. When he started talking about antimatter moving back in time, I thought to myself "oh man I know exactly what wikipedia article you misinterpreted to come up with that" right before "Feynman" was mentioned at which point I blurted out "HAHA YEP"

It's 100% this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-electron_universe

It might come as a surprise to you, but Feynman wasn't actually saying antimatter goes back in time and this dude's just an idiot. Feynman merely realized that antimatter can be modeled as normal matter moving backwards in time, due to CPT-symmetry.
Shame Boi, January 23, 2021, 11:32:15 pm

imo i liked how in the same paragraph he misinterpreted the particle physics equivalent of taking one from the tens place and putting ten in the ones place, then decided that meant he'd solved the baryon asymmetry problem

(this has been: posts for people who read way too many particle physics books as a kid)

Zemyla

• any pronouns
  • Paid
  • sitting on your monitor, making bad decisions
343: Keeping Cantel Moist #18
As an autistic gay physicist, I have serious reservations when it comes to his theories on autism, homosexuality, and physics.
GirlKisser420 Antivehicular A Meat Tipsy Almond chai tea latte Ugly In The Morning Oats Penultimatum Dr. Buttplug Diploskull RoeCocoa Great Joe Boots Raingear Mr. Hunky Academia lazzer grardaion? Lyrai

Shame Boi

• Paid
343: Keeping Cantel Moist #19
Also Edward Teller is an... interesting choice of nuclear physics idol, considering he was one of the only Manhattan Project physicists who saw the bombs go off and instead of thinking "my god, what have we done" went "aw hell yes let's use these puppies for everything all the time!!"

Naturally this meant he got put in charge of a bunch of stuff by the military, who loved having a scientist they could turn to that would say "as a matter of fact, yes we do need enough bombs to vaporize every human being on the planet 5 times over, and here are my Science Reasons why"
chai tea latte Zemyla Dr. Buttplug Boots Raingear Puppy Time

Macho Masc Sangy Savage

• Beep Beep Imma Dwarf Jeep
  • Paid
  • 🍕 Pizza Philosopher 🍕
343: Keeping Cantel Moist #20
As an autistic gay physicist, I have serious reservations when it comes to his theories on autism, homosexuality, and physics.
Zemyla, January 24, 2021, 09:32:27 pm

Eventually the FPlus finds the episode designed to torture you specifically.
Dr. Buttplug Great Joe RoeCocoa chai tea latte Boots Raingear A Meat lazzer grardaion? Seth "Slimy" Rollins Puppy Time Zemyla