Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:38:02 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: General Podcast Questions Thread  (Read 45983 times)

One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes

• Oh no it's the "The-World-Owes-Me-A-Living Lads"!!
  • Ridiculist
  • RARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARR
General Podcast Questions Thread #30
On that note, how did the F Plus get started? What is your superteam origin, Ridiculists?
Adept Omega, April 26, 2013, 03:47:51 pm

F+ has been called "the Portal of Evil podcast" a few times, and that's pretty accurate. We were all pretty interested in stupid internet stuff for a while, and that site is how we knew about each other. When Team Fortress 2 came out, a PoE TF2 server was set up and we all played it at least every weekend. Expectedly, we tended to play awfully, had sprays made of terrible DeviantArt drawings, and read horrible internet posts out loud. Honestly I don't know where it went from there, though I'm sure Lemon or Toast could explain further, though I'm sure the rest of the story is just "hey, wanna make a podcast of awful internet shit?" "yeah" "cool"

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
General Podcast Questions Thread #31
The original casting call went out on PoE in 2009. This was around the time people were actually playing TF2 with some regularity, though the main reason was to have something in which to fuck around while people read stupid shit from the Internet and otherwise said fun things into alltalk. The "Cabalcast" consists mostly of simple unedited audio dumps of these sessions. Most of us came through a joint connection to both Portal of Evil/PoE News and the "TF2 Cabal" who played on Boots's server whenever the hell.

Edit: Oh okay fine, say what I was going to say, Portaxx, see if I care

• Ridiculist
General Podcast Questions Thread #32
Edit: Oh okay fine, say what I was going to say, Portaxx, see if I care
Isfahan, April 26, 2013, 04:23:41 pm

Ok!

GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS
Boots Raingear Bunnybread KingKalamari Goodfellow Runic Down10

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
General Podcast Questions Thread #33
Another question I've been meaning to ask, WHERE IS F PLUS LIVE 3?!!?!?!?

(Seriously, I got all excited when October rolled around, then Lemon said on the FB page that they weren't doing it in the fall)

Isfahan

• Ask me about AKs.
  • Ridiculist
  • Trouble with customers? Isfahano cares.
General Podcast Questions Thread #34
Ok!

GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS GUNS
portaxx, April 26, 2013, 04:32:26 pm

There's more to me than that! :(

• Ridiculist
General Podcast Questions Thread #35
There's more to me than that! :(
Isfahan, April 26, 2013, 07:03:30 pm

There's more to you than what?
Victor Laszlo

Acierocolotl

• Romance Supremacist
  • Ridiculist
  • You will be romanticized
General Podcast Questions Thread #36
On that note, how did the F Plus get started? What is your superteam origin, Ridiculists?

Every participant will have a different explanation.  It's like one of those early-eighties mystery scenes where each participant tells their own variation of the truth.

I read all of "My Immortal" on a TF2 server, while completely boozed to the gills.

TheCrawlingChaos

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
General Podcast Questions Thread #37

My origin story is that I like repeating text back to people in chat in funny voices and watching them get angry about it. Some of them get really irritated and some of them find it fucking hilarious. I wandered onto the POE TF2 server one night doing this and some people found it hilarious, plus I liked the cut of their jibs (as well as the various cuts of jib I saw reading the forums). The rest is lurking history.

Some people ask me if I'm using a text-to-voice chat program! The answer is no.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 02:10:14 am by STOG »

transatlanticalien

• Paid
General Podcast Questions Thread #38
So Lemon is 8, Bunny's 12... ok it all checks out

To expand a bit I was curious about ages because the general perspective of the podcast seems to be from people who are a) at least a good few years older than the subjects/OPs in quite a lot of episodes (especially the ones based around tumblr/livejournal/etc where the average age is late teens/early 20s) and b) are aware at least in the peripheral of how the internet and internet culture has evolved over the last decade or so (which, again, comes out most in the episodes featuring newer/younger userbases), which I find really interesting!

e: okay maybe 'evolved' wasn't the right word
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 09:28:21 am by transatlanticalien »

count_actuala

• Real VamPire
  • Paid
  • Do you tend to get a high from human blood?
General Podcast Questions Thread #39
I also appreciate having a podcast full of people who've been around to see the internet mutate. Loved PoE back in the day.

Delcat

• Paid
General Podcast Questions Thread #40
I know you didn't used to get as many submissions, but it looks like that's spiking now that the Pit is filling up.  Do you guys have an order for how you deal with the material?  Do you cherry-pick the most interesting topics first, or use viable topics in the order they come in?

How do you decide whether a submitted topic is viable?  Do you tell the submitter if their doc is denied, or if it needs work?

STOG

• im baby
  • Ridiculist
  • thiis is bernie bro, to me
General Podcast Questions Thread #41
I know you didn't used to get as many submissions, but it looks like that's spiking now that the Pit is filling up.  Do you guys have an order for how you deal with the material?  Do you cherry-pick the most interesting topics first, or use viable topics in the order they come in?

How do you decide whether a submitted topic is viable?  Do you tell the submitter if their doc is denied, or if it needs work?
Delcat, April 27, 2013, 08:54:29 pm

It's not really so much of an order as it is a bag of material. We've got plenty of submissions (and thanks again to everyone who has submitted content, your submissions are making for some great episodes!) that we go through and vote on. I try not to read too much of the document when I'm voting, as I like to keep myself open to surprise if and when it comes to doing the episode, but first impressions definitely count for me. I try to keep an open mind as to what the other readers will find funny, but I'm likely to vote for silly shit that's fun to read. Once the votes are tallied, Lemon either keeps the episodes for consideration or sends an e-mail to the submitter if the content is rejected.

I am not sure how the episodes are picked. I think it's at the whim of whoever's editing the episode, but we just get together and do the thing without much forewarning to the topic at hand.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 04:07:30 am by STOG »

Delcat

• Paid
General Podcast Questions Thread #42
Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know.

Locclo

• Completely Wrapped in Cling-Film
  • Paid
  • Amakooooooooo!
General Podcast Questions Thread #43
So, how is it you decide who edits what episode, then? Just go in order, or what?

Calaveron

• Paid
  • Mmf mm mmpfrtmy mrpd mn clngflmm
General Podcast Questions Thread #44
So, how is it you decide who edits what episode, then? Just go in order, or what?
Locclo, April 28, 2013, 04:48:33 pm

The one constant I've been finding in the last couple of episodes is that if it's a completely vile, disgusting topic that the readers can barely handle, give it to Acier.