Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 17, 2019, 10:43:58 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Episode 70: The Ace and Cakes  (Read 2796 times)

Shell Game

• Showrunner of Extra Credit
  • Paid
  • Crab crab crab crab crab crab crab crab crab crab
Episode 70: The Ace and Cakes #15
I am increasingly disenchanted with the idea of sexuality as identity these days. Like, can we all just agree that people are attracted to other people on depending on circumstance and traits, and that those traits and circumstances are different (and fluid) for everyone? Like... it seriously isn't that big a deal. It's 2019, date (or don't) who you want.
birdie, July 03, 2019, 01:22:34 pm
That's what regular people do. These are not regular people. They're  dweebs on tumblr.  These are the kinds of people who show you pictures of their kids, describe their dreams to you, or talk to you  about their food allergies.  They are people too  boring to cultivate hobbies. So they make up tiresome shit on the internet.
ClaraTinSoldier, July 03, 2019, 06:07:54 pm
I get this is directed at the very very online habit of creating a new identity for hip queer cred, but this is a facile and naive suggestion. LGBT folk didn't set out identifying themselves per se. They were othered, demonized, made wrong due to their sexuality and gender identity. Dunk on net kids who think it's a trend but "can't we move beyond labels" is a busted, useless perspective that does more to villainize queer folk for making their concerns "an issue."

See also "i don't see skin color..."
Sham bam bamina! chai tea latte FinchChunk teethwax

birdie

• Paid
Episode 70: The Ace and Cakes #16
I am increasingly disenchanted with the idea of sexuality as identity these days. Like, can we all just agree that people are attracted to other people on depending on circumstance and traits, and that those traits and circumstances are different (and fluid) for everyone? Like... it seriously isn't that big a deal. It's 2019, date (or don't) who you want.
birdie, July 03, 2019, 01:22:34 pm
That's what regular people do. These are not regular people. They're  dweebs on tumblr.  These are the kinds of people who show you pictures of their kids, describe their dreams to you, or talk to you  about their food allergies.  They are people too  boring to cultivate hobbies. So they make up tiresome shit on the internet.
ClaraTinSoldier, July 03, 2019, 06:07:54 pm
I get this is directed at the very very online habit of creating a new identity for hip queer cred, but this is a facile and naive suggestion. LGBT folk didn't set out identifying themselves per se. They were othered, demonized, made wrong due to their sexuality and gender identity. Dunk on net kids who think it's a trend but "can't we move beyond labels" is a busted, useless perspective that does more to villainize queer folk for making their concerns "an issue."

See also "i don't see skin color..."
Shell Game, July 03, 2019, 06:42:30 pm

I suppose so. My feelings here are very obviously colored by my own, relatively privileged experiences with sexuality. Despite the fact that I date both genders, I struggle to feel like I'm part of the lgbtq+ community, because... it's not really something that defines me. I've never really been in a place where I faced anything more than rude comments about it, and I have enough support network to just go "wow, what a douche" and move on. I know logically that it isn't like that for everyone, but I often feel like I don't really "belong" when pride etc come up, because my sexuality just isn't a significant part of how I think about myself.