And now we show you The Strange Case of Cuntgate (as Lemon called it). Again I'll remind everyone to NOT
harass anyone over this.
But one of the girls who was upset about this was also very mad because she thought... well... I'll let her 80 billion liveblogs of her listening experience sum it up:
- "hearing someone on an audio recording use the word “cunt” and your immediate reaction is, out loud, “WHOA BRO HEY” even though it’s only a recording"
- "i mean i don’t want to tread on your freedom to make fun of people who eat placenta or anything but i don’t think you need to call them “dumb cunts”"
- "i—- i really wish you wouldn’t—-
i mean yeah they’re doing pretty questionable stuff but you’re a dude and it’s kind of weird for you to be using gendered insults like a bludgeon like that
call them stupid, fine, but what does them being women have to do with it!
dude!!!!!! that’s like the 5th time stop"
- "and i’m over here posting this on tumblr because i feel like if i emailed these people about it they would laugh it off and call me a cunt too"
- "i mean they’re getting angry about perfectly legitimate things to be angry about but i really wish this guy’s nuclear-option insult wasn’t “vagina-haver”"
- "it’s like,
wow dude, what did vagina ever do to you
(besides spew you out into this uncaring world i guess)"
So yes, this person was convinced, throughout the entirety of the episode, that I was a guy. Someone told her I was a plain ol' cisgendered female, and it basically fried her brain. She was simultaneously flabbergasted that a woman would dare use that word and mortified that she misgendered me 18 times in a row even though it was an honest mistake. Despite her multiple angry, snarky potshots at me, she immediately did a 180 and reverted into "omg I wanna apologize for misgendering I'm so scared though talking to people is hard I hate confrontation I'm a scared little mouse made of delicate flower petals waaahhh ;_;" Regardless, I opted to not string her up and leave her to the Tumblrhounds, and instead told her to not sweat it. I also attempted to set up a joke about reclaiming the word for cunts everywhere, but nobody took the bait. Boo.
I have a Tumblr myself and I almost never use it, but I figured this was the most appropriate response to that: http://jazaaboo.tumblr.com/post/41187395334/because-im-on-tumblr
Some other angry little apids have expressed a lot of outrage on how I'm clearly a huge misogynist and how someone should do something about that awful asshole Portaxx, but since this is Tumblr, there's just been a lot of talk and no action. Because you see, nobody's ever had the stones to contact me directly about their grievances.
TW: MENTIONS OF "HAVING STONES" AS IT RELATES TO BRAVERY, AS IF BRAVERY IS A PURELY MALE TRAIT OMGGG PORTAXX YOU HATE ALL THE WOMEN OMG I JUST. I CAN'T. I'M SO DONE.
ANIMATED GIF EXPRESSING MY DISGUST