Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2019, 09:29:00 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Completely pointless Thought Of The Day thread  (Read 261810 times)

LancashireMcGee

• Paid
I was at school and I was thinking about what if I wanted to teach in Asia as a career, and somehow that train of thought led me to "I have to look up and see whether there's an /r/gaijin once I get home". At first I was expecting just a bunch of shitposts about how it's not like how my japanese animes said it was, but then I thought about it more and I realized it might be a decent support network for foreigners living in Japan, as, to my understanding, it can be a very difficult and at times unfriendly society to acclimate to.
Unfortunately it is just shitposts including videos of people eating japanese snack food and going "oooh woooow it's not the same as this country i live in several thousand miles away" and another one of someone getting a wild deer drunk.
It looks like /r/japanlife is a better subreddit for what I was hoping for, but even that has a thread asking for good places to listen to "anime music".
I'm scared of traveling and I don't know how well I'd actually do in the country even if I do learn the language or how well I'd do on my own, but I'd like to teach English there. There are other people talking about this goal in the japanlife subreddit, but japan as a society can be very xenophobic from what I've heard and I want to teach students that foreigners aren't people you need to be scared or distrustful of. I don't know. It's 1:30 am and I haven't slept well recently, but this is a life goal that feels good and isn't totally out of my reach.
Wrought, March 01, 2018, 11:33:33 pm

I have a friend who is currently living the dream teaching English in Japan, and recently she got to be on national television! The way she described it was that white people are kind of viewed as toys in Japan, and "Japanese TV is pretty bad about twisting or falsifying the contents of interviews with foreigners. ". But hey, if you've got a moderately thick skin and don't take things too personally, it can be fun. She's having fun, you can have fun, fucking go for it!

My pointless thought of the day was that every tiny point of light in the sky is a fusion reaction of unimaginable magnitude beamed across distances of unimaginable magnitude and I almost fell off my bike.
Wrought

chai tea latte

• Paid
  • all women [in dresses] are queens
I was at school and I was thinking about what if I wanted to teach in Asia as a career, and somehow that train of thought led me to "I have to look up and see whether there's an /r/gaijin once I get home". At first I was expecting just a bunch of shitposts about how it's not like how my japanese animes said it was, but then I thought about it more and I realized it might be a decent support network for foreigners living in Japan, as, to my understanding, it can be a very difficult and at times unfriendly society to acclimate to.
Unfortunately it is just shitposts including videos of people eating japanese snack food and going "oooh woooow it's not the same as this country i live in several thousand miles away" and another one of someone getting a wild deer drunk.
It looks like /r/japanlife is a better subreddit for what I was hoping for, but even that has a thread asking for good places to listen to "anime music".
I'm scared of traveling and I don't know how well I'd actually do in the country even if I do learn the language or how well I'd do on my own, but I'd like to teach English there. There are other people talking about this goal in the japanlife subreddit, but japan as a society can be very xenophobic from what I've heard and I want to teach students that foreigners aren't people you need to be scared or distrustful of. I don't know. It's 1:30 am and I haven't slept well recently, but this is a life goal that feels good and isn't totally out of my reach.
Wrought, March 01, 2018, 11:33:33 pm
I would reccomend teaching in South Korea instead of Japan if you're open to it. Feel free to pm me about TESL work.

GirlKisser420

• Its time for limpboys to have their day in the sun
  • Paid
  • technically a journalist
honk my chonk
Dr. Buttplug

chai tea latte

• Paid
  • all women [in dresses] are queens
a trans autistic mentally ill homeless teen girl sent me a message on tumblr about how bad it was that yet another popular funny tumblr blog turned out to be run by fascists, and it took everything in my power not to tell her that I'm  neither popular nor funny
Agent Coop (But the scary one cause its october) Carbon Eider Duck One Of The Crappy Pokemon That Nobody Likes skeletons! Sherman Tank bubbleuj

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • YOU ARE FAR TOO HORNY TO CEASE.
But are you run by fascists?
bubbleuj

Bobguinary Novel

• FPlus Logo Club Vice President
  • Paid
  • You Can't Ban the Magic of ~*~PUNS~*~ Fuckos!
If I don't get out of bed, the day can't really start. That's how it works, right?

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
If I don't get out of bed, the day can't really start. That's how it works, right?
Sanguinary Novel?, March 05, 2018, 06:50:12 am
Yes. Can you please get out of bed? I have stuff to do but the day hasn't started yet
Frank West chai tea latte Bobguinary Novel Yavuz Shell Game krytton Corn Syrup bubbleuj

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Agent Coop (But the scary one cause its october)

Carbon

• Paid
  • Can wink with both eyes at once
A foam roller that's so difficult to use, it creates more tension than it releases. "Welcome to Fitness Hell," says Cerberus, doing three sets of neck bridges at once.
chai tea latte Corn Syrup

Seth "Slimy" Rollins

• I Waterboard Clowns For A Living And I Fucked Up Real Bad
  • Paid
  • ratfucking ourselves into oblivion
Was telling my friend about the F Plus and he remarked that the name sounded like a fetish group. I just shrugged and said 'half right'.
Bobguinary Novel Lemon Wrought Yavuz Sherman Tank Corn Syrup bubbleuj SHAMBA~1.SBB

Carbon

• Paid
I was trying to tell a friend about the Amy Lee F+ without mentioning the actual F+, since I feel like I do that too much, and I sounded like a huge crazy person.
Corn Syrup

A Meat

• Artificial Man Pop Seasoning
  • Paid
  • filled with delicious dude meat
Anime, anime, I thought about you on Saturday,
You were kawaii, but you went away, anime

Carbon

• Paid
Is shooting a gun with gun nuts the ultimate cuckoldry?
Shell Game Mix bubbleuj

jack chick

• he/him
  • Ridiculist
  • Metal tyrant from hell
what if everything isn't just a reference to pop culture

what then
Sherman Tank Shell Game bubbleuj

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid