Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2018, 01:07:41 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Thread.setTitle("Programmers Anonymous");  (Read 12363 times)

LaserSeusan

• Paid
Thread.setTitle("Programmers Anonymous");
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2018, 11:53:35 am »
For my latest project, I'm trying to drop jQuery in favor of just regular JS, and part of the process involves moving from $.getJSON() to fetch(). However, I'm trying to fetch the json data from HTTPS to HTTP, which throws an error. I can set the call mode to 'no-cors', but then all I get is an opaque response, likely because the HTTPS server isn't set up to handle the request. Is there any way to make fetch() work? I assume it has to be possible since $.getJSON() works just fine. I could just make the source use HTTPS as well to get around the whole issue, but I'm trying to make it so that the code will work no matter where it's being run from (basically, is it common practice to make HTTPS a hard dependency?)

Edit: nevermind, did a deep dive into how JSONP works, and how jQuery automates the process behind the scenes. I've learned how to append the script into the head tag to pull it's info.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2018, 09:58:06 pm by LaserSeusan »

Tupocky

• egg
  • Paid
  • egg
« Reply #121 on: October 25, 2018, 12:33:00 pm »
I'm in a "concepts of programming languages" class, and the past few weeks have been entirely on this language, Standard Meta Language. Using it is kinda like coding exclusively in command-line Python, but with the added bonus of being a functional language from 1983. I think at this point in my education I can justifiably say "why the hell am I learning this, and when will this ever be useful?"

Ambious

• Definitely of the internet
  • Paid
  • Up the Irons!
« Reply #122 on: November 18, 2018, 04:46:52 pm »
TIL that with "Git Extensions" you can stage discrete lines for commits rather than entire files if you want to. Made splitting up the GIANT commit I had for my month long project into subject commits much easier.
Also the more I use C# the more I discovered how great it really is.

LaserSeusan

• Paid
« Reply #123 on: November 18, 2018, 09:55:07 pm »
Got my first interview request! I'm going to be cramming and preparing for interviews as much as possible over the next couple of days (haven't confirmed on an interview date). There's a few things that might work against me: 1) I don't have a relevant degree (Graphic Design, not Computer Science), and 2) I've never used Vue.js, which is something they're really looking for. I'm basically going in on the premise that I can easily apply my current degree's skills to match their needs, and plan to be upfront about not knowing Vue but willing to self-teach (already started with the basics, seems fairly straight-forward and not too different from React!). Do you guys have any advice on these things, or anything in general?

Darkly

• Paid
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2018, 12:24:42 pm »
Not sure how many people here will care, but I'll share anyway.

The next version of Pythonista (iOS Python IDE) will apparently include a custom system-wide keyboard that lets you use any text editor app as a Python interpreter.

https://twitter.com/olemoritz/status/1070002291535740928