Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2019, 06:08:49 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: Ephemera - short stories that could've only happened online.  (Read 1778 times)

chai tea latte

• Paid
  • Ba DA ba DUM ba DOM ba DOM BOOM BOOM
New episode!

Ephemera 09: EVE Online is Like Vegas for Nerds

I'm hosted on Libsyn now. Your podcast app should have updated automatically, but in case it didn't, the new RSS is here and the direct link to this month's episode is here.

Happy holidays! I'll return to EVE again soon, but in January we'll have a SPLINTERNET episode about the Russian internet, mostly looking at how it's become less free and open since 2012.
Shell Game

chai tea latte

• Paid
New SPLINTERNET! I really feel good about this one. Clicking the album art will take you to the RSS.

]
Shell Game Yavuz THE LESBIATHAN GirlKisser420 Mix Sham bam bamina! nuffkins, of all people,

Achilles' Heelies

• Ridiculist
Nice! Btw, I really like Ephemera, it is very well done.
Shell Game

chai tea latte

• Paid
Nice! Btw, I really like Ephemera, it is very well done.
Achilles' Heelies, January 23, 2019, 01:19:00 pm
Thank you for the kind words.

I think radio (and by extension, podcasting) is the most intimate medium, and that legacy radio and most podcasts arent willing to meet the listener where they are when it comes to the medium of the Internet. It really means a lot to me that people around here have enjoyed it - I don't want to make Internet 101, but I also don't want to get so bogged down in the weeds or academic that I lose my target audience (people who either grew up online or are fascinated by the Web).
Wrought Shell Game

chai tea latte

• Paid
🚨new ep!🚨

E10 - if everybody drove motorcycles the government would collapse

Achilles Heelies was kind enough to star in this episode! Give the guy a hand. also I made a zine, which was a lot of fun. details here
Shell Game Achilles' Heelies

chai tea latte

• Paid
🚨🚨New episode!🚨🚨
💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃
💃💃💃💃💃💃E11: Emojigeddon💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃
💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

After a baker's dozen episodes of the pod (11 normal, 2 for SPLINTERNET), I feel confident that I'm doing something unique and interesting, and I think I'm doing it pretty well. The format has worked better than my wildest dreams. My deepest thanks to everyone here who's listened, or provided a voice for my greek chorus. The first episode of the podcast dropped off my libsyn feed, and I went back to fix up the audio a little and give it the new, much better theme song, and I was, like, blown away at the increase in quality. I think Ephemera is starting to mature into something I'm going to be really proud of.

Please enjoy.

PS: throw me a reply here, dog, it's dry as a bone.
Mr. Hunky Academia Shell Game

chai tea latte

• Paid
I'm happy to announce that as of today Ephemera
-turns one year old
-has a recording engineer so I can get back to doing the writing and talking stuff and not ripping my hair out because I always had an engineer at the radio station so I never learned how to edit audio

I think people will be very happy about the second thing! I'm pretty proud of the first one!
Shell Game RoeCocoa GirlKisser420