Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2018, 11:45:48 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: F Plus Live 7: SEATTLE  (Read 13478 times)

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • I'm 66.My wife is 63.We both love sex.We both cum.
F Plus Live 7: SEATTLE
« Reply #180 on: November 21, 2018, 10:53:32 am »
Can't believe I gave chai my ticket just so she could go on stage and fucking slander veggietales.
Sham bam bamina! chai tea latte Boots Raingear GirlKisser420 CHUDsMcKenzie Mr. Hunky Academia Achilles' Heelies Wyst Spenny bubbleuj

Puppy Time

• Rainbow Brownshirt
  • Paid
  • AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A DONKEY HEAD!
« Reply #181 on: November 22, 2018, 12:46:33 pm »
3. What's the deal with Christian puppet shows? I mean I understand the basic concept ("Kids like puppets, use them for Jesus") but I feel like the only context in which I've seen puppet shows over the past decade has either been in the context of evangelism or those ironic puppet shows where all the puppets swear and fuck. What is it about the medium of puppetry that seems to draw hardcore Christians like moths to a flame?

The kind of people who make (and consume) Christian stuff* tend to believe that anything that ISN'T specifically Christian is, at best, suspect; at worst, literally demonic and imperiling to one's soul.  Thus, they tend to be suuuuuper behind the times and ignorant to current trends in entertainment.  (I think it also helps that the kind of person who gravitates toward these movements tends to be the kind of person who doesn't like things changing and assumes that everything staying the same from one generation to the next is completely natural.)

Puppet shows were pretty popular in the 70s and 80s, so these guys are chasing that trend and not really positioned to understand that the trend is so dead that it's only accessible via irony.

*as opposed to just stuff that has Christian motifs or philosophy baked in but isn't specifically branded as such

Shell Game

• dumpster diver for extra credit
  • Paid
  • i'm a crab on the edge
« Reply #182 on: November 22, 2018, 03:04:27 pm »
I wouldn't say the trend is dead. There's a lot of small town conservative churches that are that cut off and still suspect of culture.