I think I may have made a thread like this before in ages past but that was long ago and we've had hundreds of episodes of new content to discuss!
So, as the title says, who do you think have been the most and least likable subjects featured on the podcast thus far? My own opinions:Most LikeableCockrub Warriors
- This is more a case where I feel a fair bit of sympathy for them. On the one hand their views of the rest of the LGBT community aren't really the best but on the other hand I feel like their personal rejection of monster cock sex in favor of frottage and making that into a MANLY lifestyle comes very heavily as a reaction to the inherent institutionalized homophobia of society in general. I find we can't dismiss the cockrub warriors as they are a dark mirror to the flaws of our own society.Rob the Parrot
- Guy's just so fuckin' helpful!Ulilillia
- I don't feel this needs any further explanation.saganfan1983
- I actually think that, inspite of his quirks, he's one of the subjects featured on this podcast that actually seems to be trying to consciously improve himself. While I don't think we ever got a concrete idea about what was going on with him psychologically it was strongly suggested in his writing that he has clinical OCD and is possibly on the autism spectrum and while it's certainly funny to read through him discuss him admitting, in the most somber and serious tone, he was in error to start a one-man crusade against Timon and Puumba because he misunderstood a tv spot when he was a kid the fact that he's able to look back on that and admit fault is a lot more than we've seen from a lot of other subjects. A lot of the stuff read on the podcast (The story about the FTL zealot or the crab with OCD) seem like him working out negative behaviours or psychological habits he used to have and was dissuaded from. So good on him for that!
And a general shout-out to the subjects who stumble on the podcast and have a good sense of humour about it. I think Half-Dude
(That guy from the Car Fucking and Plane Fucking episodes who drew anthropomorphic car porn) showed up in the episode comments a while back and seemed pretty chill.Least Likeable
So general blanket listing for MRAs
and other assorted sexists
with special mention to Roosh V.
who holds the distinction of being the only single-subject of this podcast to have been actively declared a hate group by the SPLC
One from an early episode that's mostly been forgotten is mexicansgohome.com
for, you know, the blatant racism.christiandomesticdiscipline.net
- One of the few groups of people where the question "Have you stopped beating your wife" is a legitimate question.Unschooling/Anti-vaxx Moms
- Whose bad life choices are fucking up an entire generation of children!
And special mention to John K.
, with the recent sexual abuse allegations leveled at him giving him a hard push out of "obnoxious" territory and into "reprehensible".