Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 14, 2019, 02:15:48 pm

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: What's up with your username?  (Read 53500 times)

OrganGrinder

• pregnant semen-genie
  • Paid
  • needs to check his privlege
What's up with your username? #30
I have a love / hate relationship with this username, but end up using it a lot because I've had it for so long.

Originally, this username was given to me by Sean Kennedy back when RantRadio was a thing that I was a part of. I'd often be in the IRC at the time because every nerdy kid circa 2000 was. At the time I had been using the username JoeNoSN (for Joe No Screen Name) which was hilariously read on the air as 'JoeNoSnot'. I could probably go back and find the exact episode that where this happened and he explained his story, but I don't really feel its worth the effort because its stupid, like '14 year old gets an internet naming baptism' stupid. There's a Bioshock Infinite joke here, but :effort:

Something about a monkey at a circus and it  being the OrganGrinder. I guess its cool, especially when you're 14 and you're looking for an internet moniker, but 12 years later its just a name with a bad backstory. As of the past 3-4 years I've been using the name ThrillhouseBRO more often. I've never been able to put creativity into a name that sticks, so I'm left with this, my oldest name.

By the way, Sean Kennedy is an insane person, whom was doing Freestyle Ranting, and at the time I thought it was helluva cool. But one look on the wikipedia page for what his most famous rant is left me with a very deep shame.

Triggerhappy938

• Victor-Puncher
  • Paid
  • The Geek-of-all-Trades
What's up with your username? #31
Stole mine from a Double Dragon villain I saw in a clip ad for a Double Dragon tournament fighter.  A year or two later our household got it's first PC, and my older half brother gave us Quake 1, set us up with Quakeworld and Quakespy, and told me I needed a name.  Seeing as I was thinking of a name for myself in a game where I shot people all day, it worked.  I just sorta carried it over when I started interacting with people on the rest of the internet.

Interesting note, I only own 1 firearm, and it's an old .22 rifle I inherited.  I haven't fired it since I was 13.

toanoradian

• Paid
  • The happiest crocoffle
What's up with your username? #32
There's this Lego toy series called Bionicle. It had a story where the heroes are called 'Toa'.

I wrote few Bionicle fanfiction, where one of the characters are called 'Toa Nordi'.

'toanordi' becomes 'toanoradian' somehow.

nilvoid

• FUCK COMPOSE FUCK MELODY
  • Paid
  • DEDICATED TO NO ONE THANKS TO NO ONE ART IS OVER
What's up with your username? #33
A long time ago, I thought that the term 'null and void' was actually 'nil and void' because nil is another term for zero and that went along with void because I was very smart and a teenage Nihilist (all teenagers are Nihilists). I thought that the two sounded cool when stick together and so I adopted the name nilvoid, which turned out to be insanely unique because no one was and is as smart as teenage me.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:50:48 pm by nilvoid »

fruit power

• Paid
What's up with your username? #34
Mine is from the TV Tropes episode. That kid thought he was funny because he said to "heat it with fruit power."  I was so embarrassed for him.

Moriarty

• Paid
What's up with your username? #35
I needed a name for submitting the doc for the Sherlock episode, and this just seemed appropriate. I decided to stick with it when I signed up for the forum.

Alpha Starsquatch

• bigfoot conservationist
  • Paid
  • back alley veterinarian
What's up with your username? #36
I needed a name for submitting the doc for the Sherlock episode, and this just seemed appropriate. I decided to stick with it when I signed up for the forum.
Moriarty, April 22, 2013, 01:05:52 pm

To be fair, that is the sort of thing Moriarty would do for shits and giggles.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
What's up with your username? #37

Al, April 22, 2013, 02:10:12 pm
And on the nerdier side of this comment, I appreciate that you used Moriarty from the Granada series as an avatar. Dude is still the undisputed champion of Holmes archnemeses.

Moriarty

• Paid
What's up with your username? #38

Al, April 22, 2013, 02:10:12 pm
And on the nerdier side of this comment, I appreciate that you used Moriarty from the Granada series as an avatar. Dude is still the undisputed champion of Holmes archnemeses.
Cuddlesquid, April 22, 2013, 05:35:02 pm

The fact that Granada Moriarty actually matches the one in the books is one of the reasons I love that series above all other adaptations I've seen.

Goose Goose Honk At Me Now

• Can I offer you a Lorna Doone?
  • Paid
  • You have a very flexible torso.
What's up with your username? #39
The fact that Granada Moriarty actually matches the one in the books is one of the reasons I love that series above all other adaptations I've seen.
Moriarty, April 23, 2013, 11:35:55 am
Right? He used to make 12-year-old me puff up in fear and indignance like a frill-neck dinosaur.

The actor in Game of Shadows was eerily close to how I pictured him when I read the stories as an adult, but he was undercut by the fact that he was in Game of Shadows. Guy Ritchie, y u do. :(

Ike

• Paid
  • these colors keep me awake at night
What's up with your username? #40
It's my name.
Jas.AFK

MISANDRY CANNON

• Aspergers Unto Death
  • Paid
  • High velocity man-hatred fired at everything
What's up with your username? #41
all teenagers are Nihilists
nilvoid, April 21, 2013, 06:14:03 pm

HA! I wasn't a nihilist as a teenager! I didn't have enough self-awareness to have any sort of philosophy about anything! Ostensibly I still don't. Or maybe I actually don't. Who knows? Not me obviously.

It's the best username I could have or ever will come up with.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:27:38 pm by MISANDRY CANNON »

fluffy

• Paid
  • free hugs
What's up with your username? #42
This is just what my friends have called me for years in real life and the reason behind that is a whole bunch of stupid parallel things that all converged in one particular way, but the summary is that I'd use "fluffy" as a placeholder name for things I didn't have a name for yet (or as an adjective for pretty much everything else) and I hate my real name for various reasons (mostly gender-related), and I was visiting a friend who was all "well if you don't like being called that, what should I call you? 'fluffy?'" and it stuck.  Over the next few years I stopped using the other bunches of stupid names I was using online and transitioned everything to this one.

(I was also getting pretty tired of people - furries, mostly, but not exclusively - conflating my fictional characters with me, thus I also made the plaid-critter character to fit the name, as a sort of amalgam of a bunch of other previous characters and an externalization of internalized attributes.)

toanoradian

• Paid
  • The happiest crocoffle
What's up with your username? #43
It's my name.
Ike, April 25, 2013, 02:14:14 pm

Ex-president Eisenhower what are your opinion on adult babies

Ike

• Paid
  • these colors keep me awake at night
What's up with your username? #44
Pamperchu alone justifies the presence of nuclear weapons.