Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2019, 04:03:02 am

ballp.it is the community forum for The F Plus.

You're only seeing part of the forum conversation. To see more, register for an account. This will give you read-only access to nearly all the forums.

Topic: 309: !sleep  (Read 2792 times)

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • Sleepin' makes me feel good!
309: !sleep #45
SCP-087 was the one that you could point at and say "some of these are good" but it seems more and more the outlier. Creepy Pasta, much like fan fiction, has to be sectioned off from capital F fiction because 99% of it is doo doo garbage.
Dr. Buttplug, September 26, 2019, 08:43:43 am

SCP-093, SCP-035, SCP-140 and SCP-701 are also some of the better ones. I find that the SCPs were at their best when they focused on being inexplicable and conveying the sense that there's a much larger story of which the reader is only getting a small chunk rather than trying too hard to be edgy, spooky or dangerous.

I remember the last time I went through the SCP archives I was disappointed by how many of the entries were just "It's some kind of thing that injects an egg into people like a parasitic wasp", which is an admittedly scary concept, but not one that needed to be repeated in every fifth SCP.

Another favorite is SCP-1171, though that one is far more jokey than the standard entry.

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • YOU ARE FAR TOO HORNY TO CEASE.
309: !sleep #46
The best scps are just the weird benign ones, like the vending machine that gives you weird shit depending on what you put into it that has like an entire page of results. The worst ones are the ones where people try and expand on the "lore" by bringing up stuff like the Church of the Broken God or other recurring elements. The best part of scps is that you just get a short ~500 word concept piece that you get to think about on your own terms, when people try and put them into their own stories it just turns out bad.
Hux

KingKalamari

• Cephalopod Enthusiast
  • Paid
  • Sleepin' makes me feel good!
309: !sleep #47
The best scps are just the weird benign ones, like the vending machine that gives you weird shit depending on what you put into it that has like an entire page of results. The worst ones are the ones where people try and expand on the "lore" by bringing up stuff like the Church of the Broken God or other recurring elements. The best part of scps is that you just get a short ~500 word concept piece that you get to think about on your own terms, when people try and put them into their own stories it just turns out bad.
Wrought, September 26, 2019, 11:20:45 am

Ugh, I had almost forgotten about that Church of the Broken God garbage. Nothing kills the horror faster than when the creators start trying to create some kind of DEEP and EXPANSIVE MYTHOLOGY. Even shit like Lovecraft and the Cthulhu Mythos work so much better when it was just the same couple of names and gods that got referenced in unrelated stories as opposed to when people tried to make an actual mythology or whatever.
Wrought Oats Agent Coop (But the scary one cause its october) Hux

Agent Coop (But the scary one cause its october)

• Completely Malevolent Bloodsport
  • Paid
  • I must be, the Bahamas are islands
309: !sleep #48
"This strange God is unfathomable and unknowable! Heres some info about its stats"
KingKalamari chai tea latte Dr. Buttplug Wrought Turtle Dawnswalker Shell Game SHAMBA~1.SBB Wyst Mix Vinny Possum RoeCocoa

Hux

• anything can be a dildo if you're brave enough!
  • Paid
  • quantum shitting
309: !sleep #49
the tickle monster scp is the best one and none of the others come close. http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-999
i do miss when scp was finding weird images on the internet and writing a brief explanation for them accompanied by (maybe) a simple story.
even though it's stupid, i also like the plague doctor mask scp guy, i think it's scp-049. it's probably just because i like plague doctors though. it also reminds me of r/medievaldoctor, which is a fantastic subreddit.
Wrought

Dr. Buttplug

• Formerly Jackal Flapnasty
  • Paid
  • Wannabe Dirtbag
309: !sleep #50
Hey these were fun, looks like the animator is still making them.

Wrought

• The Unsevered
  • Paid
  • YOU ARE FAR TOO HORNY TO CEASE.
309: !sleep #51
Yeah those are cute but again it's largely because they don't take the subject material too seriously